• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Did someone give Joe Buck some crack? He sounds more excited now than he has in a decade. Even when the Giants scored their run, he went apeshit.

Afrikan

if they play 5 1/2 innings and the storm gets there...and the score stays the same.... don't tell me....please don't tell me D:

Remember how someone earlier joked about the Braves taking A-Rod?
There is believed to be some *very* preliminary discussion amongst the Braves about whether they would be interested in acquiring Alex Rodriguez from the Yankees if the Yankees picked up a considerable part of A-Rod's remaining money. A-Rod is still guaranteed $120 million through the 2017 season along with his home run milestone bonuses. If A-Rod passes Barry Bonds on the home run list, it becomes $150 million. The Braves would likely want the Yankees to pick up $60-$70 million of it and the milestone bonuses. It would also depend on who the Yankees asked for in exchange for picking up so much salary. It looks highly unlikely, but there is some very tiny talk about it.

It would be a miracle if any team would take on even up to a third of Arod's contract.

I think if the Yankees paid off half Arod's contract that would be a good deal for a lot of teams. You don't think the Marlins could recoup $12 million/year from increased ticket sales and merchandise? And even though he's been bad this postseason he's not exactly a walking corpse. His defense at 3rd is still good, and he could easily turn around next year and hit 25 hrs and batting in a 100.

LINEUP-

Ichiro
Swisher
Cano
Texeria
Ibanez
Chavez
Martin
Gardner
Nunez

No Arod, no Granderson. There's a good chance that we'll never see Arod play for the Yankees again.

They don't have big power hitters but they won in 2010 with Aubrey Huff being the cleanup man. That probably sounds absurd and it is. They've won with pitching and timely hits.
I meant their approach at the plate has been really good this series. They're laying off all the junk pitches, it seems.

see5harp

He was one of five guys in the 2010 lineup with an ISO over .200

The 2010 team was 9th in the majors in home runs. They had power.

Damn I didn't realize that. I guess all I remember thinking was that Barry Zito was a huge waste of money and that we won a ton of super close games. Pablo was incredibly fat and was striking out a lot.

Damn I didn't realize that. I guess all I remember thinking was that Barry Zito was a huge waste of money and that we won a ton of super close games. Pablo was incredibly fat and was striking out a lot.

Reminds me of Bobby Cox intentionally walking Pablo Sandoval in Game 1 of the NLDS with two outs to face Cody Ross, who knocked in the only run of the game.

Cox must not have watched Pablo that season. He was fucking terrible. I wanted to kick my TV when I saw he had Derek Lowe walk him.

see5harp

Jeez they are really scared of Buster Posey. He hasn't even done anything in the series yet.

EDIT: seriously Hunter Pence step up and do something besides give pep talks.

Afrikan

does Pence think that just because we are not known for having Power hitters, that he needs to be one for us every at bad? Dude needs to calm down man....caaaalm down.

dvdjamm

Bottom right...It's close enough to the NeoGAF logo
190324_478982502135240_854425832_n.jpg

Top Bottom