• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

see5harp

I know people are watching here but like the opposite of NFL. People just aren't posting that much while the game is going on. Some of the time if I'm watching with other people I feel bad constantly checking a thread.

Its raining so hard here. Has been since 2 am. If there is a game tonight and IF we win this thread will be even more of a graveyard. Yankees fans mostly gone, Braves fans mostly gone, Cards lifelongs will be gone.

What happened to that Cards fan with the Cards avatar?

He sure ran away rather quickly once the Giants started destroying them.

see5harp

That guy wasn't talking shit though was he? The only team I've really talked shit about was the Yankees, and that was prior to the Detroit series. I remember a ton of people saying that The Yankees were going to get fucked up and I remember Syphon Filter responding to like every statement with "why?" like he was some sort of baseball opinion philosopher.

RBH

Casey Pratt
‏@CaseyPrattCSN

Billy Beane said the #athletics payroll will be going up. Trying to take advantage of momentum from last year.

Beane said his intention isn't to move any of the other outfielders after acquiring Young. Reiterated how important Crisp is to the team.

eznark

Banned
http://webusers.npl.illinois.edu/~a-nathan/pob/HighSpeedClips.html

So awesome.

ScutaroBrokenBat.gif

turnbuckle

I know people are watching here but like the opposite of NFL. People just aren't posting that much while the game is going on. Some of the time if I'm watching with other people I feel bad constantly checking a thread.

Same here. Most of the time when I post it's when I'm listening to the game at work or I'm chilling at home watching it alone.

see5harp

Scutaro is scaring me a bit. He's a free agent this year and his play since coming over and in the post season makes me think The Giants might be willing to pay a crazy amount for a 34 year old. On the other hand, I think them not offering much for Beltran was a sign that they are not willing to gamble with big contracts anymore unless it's a workhorse like Cain. I have a feeling this might be the last year with Vogelsong as well.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Scutaro is scaring me a bit. He's a free agent this year and his play since coming over and in the post season makes me think The Giants might be willing to pay a crazy amount for a 34 year old. On the other hand, I think them not offering much for Beltran was a sign that they are not willing to gamble with big contracts anymore unless it's a workhorse like Cain. I have a feeling this might be the last year with Vogelsong as well.

Beltran was neither a gamble nor a big contract.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
game 6 of the WS was one of the worst played WS games that I can remember, but yeah it was fun. HOW DID YOU NOT WIN RANGERS. HOW.

cashman

Banned
game 6 of the WS was one of the worst played WS games that I can remember, but yeah it was fun. HOW DID YOU NOT WIN RANGERS. HOW.

Chavez told FoxSports.com on Thursday that he was supposed to be in the outfield after he pinch-hit in the top of the ninth of Game 6. Nelson Cruz ended up staying in the game and with the Rangers one strike away from the title, watched as David Freese’s game-tying triple went over his head.

:(

I'm here, but as stated earlier, I'll be gone after the Cards are eliminated, not to be seen again until next year's postseason.

You're not alone. The Tigers fans will disappear too until the playoffs when they magically slide in because the team in front of them nosedived.

Holiday

Banned
When the Giants win tonight, I will immediately forgive them for gutting the Cardinals and root for them against the heinous, abominable AL.

Top Bottom