• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am going to come from out of nowhere and announce my lifelong Giants fandom (pending a win tomorrow night of course). I live in the Bay Area so that makes me legit.

FUCK YEAHH!!! MOOTTHERFUUCCCCCCCKEEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Shit yeah MOTHERFUCKER!

ROMOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Cardinals suck, blowing a 3-1 lead in the NLCS. Joe Buck told me the Cardinals were "magical" for their comeback, but he won't mention the much more impressive Giants comeback in the NLDS and now the NLCS.

FUCK YOU JOE BUCK

FUCK YEAHH!!! MOOTTHERFUUCCCCCCCKEEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!!!!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Shit yeah MOTHERFUCKER!

ROMOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Cardinals suck, blowing a 3-1 lead in the NLCS. Joe Buck told me the Cardinals were "magical" for their comeback, but he won't mention the much more impressive Giants comeback in the NLDS and now the NLCS.

FUCK YOU JOE BUCK

Take a number...Its a big long line

see5harp

Well if The Giants pull it off, no one will be able to ignore them. I think a lot of people picked The Giants for game 6 because of how well Vogelsong has pitched. Even with Matt Cain having issues, I like his chances at home.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
dkp5l.gif

Game 7 here we go!

Jeez, these teams love elimination games.

Cardinals with 6 straight elimination game wins, Giants up to 5 now in these playoffs alone. Pretty sure someone has to lose tomorrow though.

Kyle Lohse vs. Matt Cain tomorrow night.
Giants still favorites but I'm more comfortable with this matchup than a recovering Carpenter vs Vogelsong. None of it matters if the rest of the team doesn't show up to play though.

Don't think we ever looked so bad in back-to-back playoff games since the 2004 WS.

According to Jim Bowden on Twitter, Matt Holliday may be out the rest of the postseason. They said his back is in extreme pain and it's obviously been affecting his hitting.

Giants still favorites but I'm more comfortable with this matchup than a recovering Carpenter vs Vogelsong. None of it matters if the rest of the team doesn't show up to play though.

Don't think we ever looked so bad in back-to-back playoff games since the 2004 WS.

I agree with the bolded especially. On the bright side, the Cardinals have played much better with their backs against the wall these past few postseasons, so I'm not counting us out just yet. I hadn't have time to watch the past couple games, only been able to listen to them on the radio, but man, it's sounded pretty horrendous overall.

see5harp

I wonder whether they would delay the game and force the winner to play the very next game. I don't see how that would work for The Cardinals though.

Its raining so hard here. Has been since 2 am. If there is a game tonight and IF we win this thread will be even more of a graveyard. Yankees fans mostly gone, Braves fans mostly gone, Cards lifelongs will be gone.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Its raining so hard here. Has been since 2 am. If there is a game tonight and IF we win this thread will be even more of a graveyard. Yankees fans mostly gone, Braves fans mostly gone, Cards lifelongs will be gone.

Nope, still here. Either way I'm rooting for the NL team in the World Series. I just certainly hope it will be the Cardinals.

If the Cardinals lose tonight, mark my words, you will see me again next year early October and not a day sooner.

Top Bottom