• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just got home. Fuck.
summary of what you missed:

UclCi.gif

Congrats Giants-GAF (except for that antagonizing idiot who cheers for two teams or something). Your team completely outplayed ours for the last three games. Good luck against the Detroit rotation. Strikeout heavy staff vs BABIP lineup should be an interesting matchup but I think their rotation is getting overhyped because of the Yankees' incompetence.

rekameohs

Banned
Even though I wanted Earthquakes to win, Giants were probably next. Congrats to Giants-GAF. Hopefully the division race is exciting again next year; it got pretty lame at the end this time.

Also I hope the Tigers destroy you in the WS

zulux21

Congrats Giants-GAF (except for that antagonizing idiot who cheers for two teams or something). Your team completely outplayed ours for the last three games. Good luck against the Detroit rotation. Strikeout heavy staff vs BABIP lineup should be an interesting matchup but I think their rotation is getting overhyped because of the Yankees' incompetence.

I haven't been following the hype for the tigers rotation when it comes to the fallout for the yankees series, but I can tell you I sure as hell wouldn't want to face the tigers rotation
Verlander is verlander that one is obvious
Scherzer was a beast down the stretch going 6-1 with a sub 2.25 in the last 2 months with 77 strike outs and just 13 walks with 52 hits over 61 innings.
Sanchez was lights out in sept with a 2.43 era with 37 strike outs to 5 walks with 34 hits over 40.2 innings pitched
Fister was much the same as the others with a 2.34 era in sept with 31 strike outs to 5 walks with 26 hits over 34.2 innings

aka all of them were dominate in sept and carried that right into the post season. The main question will be if the time to relax will hurt them or not. Given they were fighting the white sox since the all star break, the days off after sweeping the yankees were likely their most relaxing since the all star break so hopefully it didn't dull their fighting spirit.

rando14

I haven't been following the hype for the tigers rotation when it comes to the fallout for the yankees series, but I can tell you I sure as hell wouldn't want to face the tigers rotation
Verlander is verlander that one is obvious
Scherzer was a beast down the stretch going 6-1 with a sub 2.25 in the last 2 months with 77 strike outs and just 13 walks with 52 hits over 61 innings.
Sanchez was lights out in sept with a 2.43 era with 37 strike outs to 5 walks with 34 hits over 40.2 innings pitched
Fister was much the same as the others with a 2.34 era in sept with 31 strike outs to 5 walks with 26 hits over 34.2 innings

aka all of them were dominate in sept and carried that right into the post season. The main question will be if the time to relax will hurt them or not. Given they were fighting the white sox since the all star break, the days off after sweeping the yankees were likely their most relaxing since the all star break so hopefully it didn't dull their fighting spirit.

Agreed. Tigers' rotation is exceptional, but then again Giants' rotation is solid too. Should be a good series, looking forward to it.

nlsux

see5harp

Tigers have the best starting lineup for sure but right now The Giants are batting so well. It's crazy how many runs they get by just getting a walk and doing a quick hit and run. Scutaro seems unstoppable at this point.

Top Bottom