• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

MechaX

Wow. I think a game-within-a-game at this point is whether the Tigers can get on the board before they shoot themselves in the foot.

see5harp

B-b-but it has Office! OFFICE! They'll sell
thousands.

Honestly, if the rumored $250 ended up being true, I'd buy one just to get an idea of the interface. That's about how much I'd pay for an Android Tablet and I think Windows has a much better chance at creating a successful app ecosystem, especially when you consider the big desktop install base.

Honestly, if the rumored $250 ended up being true, I'd buy one just to get an idea of the interface. That's about how much I'd pay for an Android Tablet and I think Windows has a much better chance at creating a successful app ecosystem, especially when you consider the big desktop install base.

The problem is that none of the desktop apps work on the Surface RT, and they never will. Now the Surface Pro is a different story, but if they try to charge $1000 for it like rumored it will be DOA too.

see5harp

The problem is that none of the desktop apps work on the Surface RT, and they never will. Now the Surface Pro is a different story, but if they try to charge $1000 for it like rumored it will be DOA too.

I don't see that as a problem because all of the apps will work on desktop, where the install base will undoubtedly will be larger. That's going to at least encourage developers to make apps. It's going to be a while before the Surface RT has any sort of install base.

EDIT: Wow, I really think that Pablo could win a gold glove some day.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
this is embarrassing tigers.
there are new Atom SoCs that make the tablets as thin and light as an iPad. Apparently get good performance and the OEMs have said 8 hrs of battery life. They come in around $500-$600 and since they are Atom they will run all of your x86 stuff. A lot of them come with detachable keyboards as well for about $150. And most of them have batteries in them. Combine the Tablet and the Keyboard and you get 16+ hours of battery. I honestly have no idea why someone would want a Windows RT machine when the Atom ones will cost the same and seem like they will perform better too. Still waiting on some reviews of that stuff though. Also since Window RT and Windows 8 share the same application platform there will be a lot of support. Right now probably about 90% of the applications in the store are for both x86/x64 and ARM.

Top Bottom