• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Zzzzzzz z zzzzzzz

When the lifelongs show up for the World Series (or not), show them this page.

Verlander looks awesome. So glad he choked during the All-Star Game

clemenx

Banned
I will never stop being amazed at how Verlander starts games at 94-95 with the fastball and goes 98-99 in the final innings.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When did they go lower seed gets the first 2, higher seed the last 3

Da' Fuck?

So now it's 2-3, rather than 2-2-1?

What about championship round?, don't tell me they went WS route of 2-3-2?

Malo

Banned
When did they go lower seed gets the first 2, higher seed the last 3

Da' Fuck?

So now it's 2-3, rather than 2-2-1?

What about championship round?, don't tell me they went WS route of 2-3-2?
The 2-3 format is only for the LDS this year and will go back to the normal 2-2-1 format next year. The LCS and WS still follow the 2-3-2 format.

beast786

YES.

fister is a bad match up for A's, so I won't be surprize if they get him early. but I expect scherzer to come and get game 3.

Seriously why do all these teams with better records have to start on the road? Especially in a 5 game series. If the A's dont get tomorrow's game this series is over =(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
aubrey_pervert.jpg

Cant wait. Lets go Giants!
Sf50q.gif

Seriously why do all these teams with better records have to start on the road? Especially in a 5 game series. If the A's dont get tomorrow's game this series is over =(

They had to remove one of the travel days to make room for the play-in game, but they couldn't mess with the regular season schedule so they changed the Divisional Series from 2-2-1 to 2-3. It's only for this year.

turnbuckle

Last year during the playoffs this was fast and busy. What happened here . this thread is dead for playoffs.
Saturday late afternoon game, community thread.

Yanks haven't played yet, no Phillies or braves or mets or red sox or Rangers which make up 90% of gaf. Relegated to community so ll pink hats don't post.

They had to remove one of the travel days to make room for the play-in game, but they couldn't mess with the regular season schedule so they changed the Divisional Series from 2-2-1 to 2-3. It's only for this year.

Thank you so much for clearing this up. Good thing its only for this year but still sucks for the teams with the better records.

Chuck

Still without luck
Quoting before the next game!

EVERYONE:

Don't forget about the MLB-Age IRC channel: Postseason Edition, filled everyone’s favorite posters from this very thread! Lurkers are welcome too! The easiest way to join is through the browser-based Mibbit, but there are also clients listed below.

Mibbit Link: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-age&server=irc.wiicafe.com

Info for IRC clients:

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: X-Chat Aqua (highly recommend), Linkinus
Browser: http://mibbit.com (MLB-Age link above)

iOS: Colloquy, Rooms
ANDROID: andChat, AndroIRC

(If you need any help with any of the clients, PM me here on GAF and I’ll try to help you out.)

Come join the conversation! ...and don’t join for 2 seconds and leave. It’s IRC, you should leave it open for a few minutes and see what happens. While you’re watching the game on your laptop, just leave Mibbit open in another browser and check back from time to time. Or, have a tiny client running in the background.

beast786

Saturday late afternoon game, community thread.

Yanks haven't played yet, no Phillies or braves or mets or red sox or Rangers which make up 90% of gaf. Relegated to community so ll pink hats don't post.

makes sense. But I haven't even seen our regulars like Square Triangle. You are the only one here.

Top Bottom