• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Just end this game. At least we got 2 games at home for now. But damn what the hell.

Sometimes teams in the playoffs lose games, but then they can win other games and still advance or even win the championship. I know this is your first time and all.

McNei1y

Sometimes teams in the playoffs lose games, but then they can win other games and still advance or even win the championship. I know this is your first time and all.

Nah I know. Just different from a biased view. I mean Garcia wasnt hitting his spots and we couldn't take advantage of it. Cardinals could that's how games are won. Nothing new with us.

Lol. Really? You think if they were in the NLDS theyd be taking time to suggest format changes? My ass.

Of course they wouldn't be. Because they won 94 damn games in the season and wouldn't have been eliminated because they lost one game to a team that finished 6 games lower than them despite playing in a division where they faced the Cubs and Astros almost 30 times.

Besides, Chipper's been bitching about it since spring training.

McNei1y

Of course they wouldn't be. Because they won 94 damn games in the season and wouldn't have been eliminated because they lost one game to a team that finished 6 games lower than them despite playing in a division where they faced the Cubs and Astros almost 30 times.

Besides, Chipper's been bitching about it since spring training.

But wouldnt the Cards beating them mean something? Sure there was a shitty call but the defense was awful.

McNei1y

3 (4 really) errors, 4 (5 really) runs, actually. Braves sucked for one game, yeah. But the one game part is the point.

If it were me, there'd be 14 teams or something lol. But this is the next best format. Don't know what else I can say. It sucks but its why they added it. Makes baseball more exciting. Not sure how they'd be able to fit 3 games in.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Letting the Yankees play in prime time and fucking me over from going to probably any playoff games are probably also good for baseball.

It's still worth bitching about.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If it were me, there'd be 14 teams or something lol. But this is the next best format. Don't know what else I can say. It sucks but its why they added it. Makes baseball more exciting. Not sure how they'd be able to fit 3 games in.

Tripleheaders?

I swear if Selig introduced this play-in game when the WC first came about, there would be a lot less bitching.

Probably, but I think most people would still realize that it's idiotic.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Are there really only 7 people in DC on GAF that even somewhat follow the Nats?

This team is historic. Where are the lifelongs?

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So how does GAF like Garcia? He's been lights-out since the call up.

Davey Johnson said they'd make him a starting pitcher next year... How quick could that happen? By opening day?

Top Bottom