• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Aaand the Cardinals win. 8-0, 14 hits to 7 hits. Nationals have to win the next two or they're toast.

Pre-emptive. Kelly tossed them a walk with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to delay this post.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fucking sucks Leake can't pitch one fucking game. If Cueto didn't get hurt, this series would be over. All I know is if we can't win this game, Leake needs to be sent to the minors next year and Chapman needs to be put in the rotation. Hell, that's what needs to be done anyway.

Fucker can go steal clothes but he can't steal a must win to save his life.

With this win, Chris Carpenter is 10-2 all-time in the post season, giving him the 2nd highest win percentage of all-time for pitchers in the post season with over 10 decisions.

Curt Shilling is the top all-time, with an 11-2 record.

cashman said:
Except the Cardinals would be doing it with the worst regular season record in their league every year, which makes it even more infuriating.

You just gotta win the games that count my man!

beanman25

483106_10151214076319312_557349630_n.jpg

WOO!

Yah, just heard on KNBR audio stream. At this point though, I have no right to complain about the start time of a game five. I honestly just hope it happens!

Oh absolutely. Zito looks dialed in. He is bad in the first but improves. Which is kind of strange. Its like he gets nervous.

see5harp

What the fuck is going on? Why does Zito have 50 pitches thrown in 2 innings? Our bullpen and maybe Tim Lincecum are going to have to be big time today for us to win.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It was the worst decision possible to let Leake pitch this game. A better option would have been only using the bullpen.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see the Cardinals win in such an impressive factor, one more and we get the NLCS.

I am a bit upset we're beating the Nationals. I really respect that club and from the game I went to earlier this year the fans are a class act. If it was allowed I'd want both to make the NLCS, but unfortunately only one can go this year.

see5harp

Giving up 3 runs isn't the end of the world. You are acting like the Reds have a bad offense. Maybe your dude is hurt worse than the team is actually willing to admit.

EDIT: I was saying....

Top Bottom