• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the Phillies will offer Hamels 120 million bucks. I would trade him and try to restock the farm system a bit but thats just me.

Seems like the Phillies will offer Hamels 120 million bucks. I would trade him and try to restock the farm system a bit but thats just mel

I don't see why they don't trade him. Hamels has already said publicly that even if they do trade him, he would still negotiate with the Phillies first.

Seems like the Phillies will offer Hamels 120 million bucks. I would trade him and try to restock the farm system a bit but thats just me.

I would only trade him for major league players, fuck the farm system. Phils have a window of like 2 more years they need to retool and not rebuild.

turnbuckle

Leadoff hitter extraordinaire has scored in 12 straight games.

Over/Under on hits Porcello gives up to the Halos? 9 through 5 is my guess.

Whew...Trumbo hits a 425 foot out to deep center field

turnbuckle

Oh fuck.

Reds season is over. Joey Votto out a month with torn meniscus.

Fuck, hope that's on the high end of projections and he'll be back in a couple weeks instead. So many goddamned injuries to incredible players this season.

Wanna make a trade for Prince Fielder? :)

Nationals have announced that John Lannan will be called up on Saturday to pitch one of the games in the doubleheader against the Braves.

Good thing we get the Mets next.

Jason-Bay-Mets.jpg

Does the MLB subscription you can buy in Xbox Live give you access to the exact same matches on a P.C?

I'm in the U.K and out of nothing more than sheer boredom, decided to watch one of the free matches available, and now I'm hooked and fancy watching a lot more.

In fact I've adopted the Detroit Tigers as my team - based on nothing more than it was the first game I watched :) But I kinda like them so I'm sticking with them. Though I nearly went with Kansas City because Alex Gordon was the first guy I saw batting.

I have absolutely no idea about any of the stats or rules though and am left wondering what the hell the commentators are talking about half the time ..."set the table???"

So where is the best place to read up on the rules and abbreviations, but that explains it in a simple way for an englishman like me :) Thanks

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Does the MLB subscription you can buy in Xbox Live give you access to the exact same matches on a P.C?

I'm in the U.K and out of nothing more than sheer boredom, decided to watch one of the free matches available, and now I'm hooked and fancy watching a lot more.

In fact I've adopted the Detroit Tigers as my team - based on nothing more than it was the first game I watched :) But I kinda like them so I'm sticking with them. Though I nearly went with Kansas City because Alex Gordon was the first guy I saw batting.

I have absolutely no idea about any of the stats or rules though and am left wondering what the hell the commentators are talking about half the time ..."set the table???"

So where is the best place to read up on the rules and abbreviations, but that explains it in a simple way for an englishman like me :) Thanks
Yeah in order to watch it on the Xbox you need the Premium subscription. And yes, you can watch on your PC, Xbox, PS3, Smartphone (application free with subscription (mlb at bat)) etc... with the same sub.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=mlbtv&affiliateId=MLBTVREDIRECT

the normal sub just allows you to watch on the pc.

and the best place is probably just to ask here. When they say set the table they just mean batters getting on base in front of others. Setting the table full of runners or whatever.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
To start with, what is ERA? And why does a batter sometimes get to walk to first base? Can't believe I'm hooked on something I barely understand :)

ERA is a measure of how much a pitcher wants to win the game. It's second to wins in most useful stats.

Sometimes when a batter is lazy and doesn't want RBIS, the most important hitting stat, he can walk to first base if he feels like it but this is bad

(ERA is earned run average and is a calculation of earned runs a pitcher gives up per 9 innings. if you get 4 balls as a hitter (4 pitches out of the strikezone), you get to go to 1b for free.)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
To start with, what is ERA? And why does a batter sometimes get to walk to first base? Can't believe I'm hooked on something I barely understand :)
ERA stands for Earned Run Average. It is a pitching statistic which tells you the average amount of runs a pitcher gives up per 9 innings.

ERA = 9 x (Earned Runs Allowed / Innings Pitched)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom