• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichiro demanded the trade months ago apparently...

You lost Ichiro. I lost Nash... both went to New York in exchange for practically nothing because the faces of our franchises demanded it.

I think I know how you feel about right now. Bummed, but understanding why this had to happen.

eznark

Banned
You lost Ichiro. I lost Nash... both went to New York in exchange for practically nothing because the faces of our franchises demanded it.

I think I know how you feel about right now. Bummed, but understanding why this had to happen.

Seriously that is some bullshit. Whatd we get for Nash?

Nash is the hero Gotham deserves and the one it needs right now

RBH

Holy fuck, Ichiro traded....Hold me, MLB-GAF...

image.php

Seriously that is some bullshit. Whatd we get for Nash?

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Tim Erixon, 1st round pick. I am going to make a picture of me wearing my Jackets jersey with my head in my hands, for NHL-GAF to use at their leisure moving forward.

Hopefully Nash Jason-Bays.

sangreal

Ichiro demanded the trade months ago apparently...

I think demanded would be a strong word. They full context of that quote suggests he offered to be traded

"Several weeks ago, Ichiro Suzuki, through his long time agent, Tony Attanasio, approached Chuck Armstrong and me to ask that the Mariners consider trading him. Ichiro knows that the club is building for the future, and he felt that what was best for the team was to be traded to another club and give our younger players an opportunity to develop."

That Pittsburgh game is FLYING, already midway through the 8th.

Meanwhile, watching Votto-less, Bruce-less Reds against the Astros is not must-see-tv.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Pretty much... However I would have liked a prospect that was worth a damn out of the deal..

Fuck no. They are both pure garbage. They will join their brother Hector Noesi in Tacoma.

Well shit, I guess this is like the Ray Borque trade of a few years back... hometown hero goes to a winner for one last chance at a championship. Can't really fault him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom