• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never in my life wanted so bad for the Reds to quit trying to hit and let that game end. Oh man.

But, a win is a win. I eventually felt sorry for the Astros.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So when I wake up tomorrow morning, the Braves are going to have traded Mike Minor for James Shields right? Should be fun.

zulux21

I wonder what the white sox will do when John Danks is ready to come off the DL... whether they will remove one of their current starting pitchers to the bullpen or just go with a 6 man...
I really hope that they just move Philip Humber out of the rotation and not Jose Quintana... heck if they more Jose Quintana out of the rotation instead of Humber I might just turn tigers fan for the rest of the season as I don't want to root for an organization that would make such a stupid move... I mean why in the world would you remove a pitcher who is 4-1 with a 2.3 era with only 13 walks over 70 innings and a 1.02 WHIP instead of the guy who is 4-5 with a 6.25 era with 32 walks over 76 innings and a 1.49 WHIP but I am seriously afraid the Sox will do that just because Quintana is a rookie and Humber pitched a perfect game this year :/

A-rod and Adam Dunn going reach 2k K's this year
http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/SO_career.shtml

odds dunn surpases Arod on the strike out list this year?
also odds Dunn is the all time strike out leader before the 2015 season is over?

zulux21

Holy shit Dunn in 12 seasons. Bobby Bonds at 17 is the only other one in the top 30 with less than 15 seasons and that many Ks.

Also, Smoak to AAA lolol.

there is a reason I don't worry about dunn grounding into a double play even though he isn't that fast... it's because he will just strike out or walk.... and every once in a while hit a home run... he really doesn't do much besides that lol

clemenx

Banned
Mark Reynolds with 1040 Ks in 6 seasons it's pretty crazy too. Considering he hasn't been as much as a regular as Dunn. His K% is worse, lol.

Ichiro is a great player, but one of the most selfish players in baseball. He had no interest in being a leader here in Seattle. It took 10 years to even consider moving him in the lineup. His production the last two years has been awful, and keeping him as the leadoff hitter was painful (.288 OBP as a leadoff hitter!!). He refused to play to have an OBP and look for walks.
He is one of the greatest players the last decade, but being inflexible hurt the Mariners.

I know, right?! He's so selfish he requested a trade so the young outfielders could get a chance to play in 2012.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
how do met fans do it? Every time i root for the mets to win it ends in pain. 6 runs in the 10th /facepalm.

Sanjuro

At the airport waiting for my flight. First test run for the Nexus 7 without a laptop or anything. So far, things are going very smoothly.

Sanjuro

How are you liking it? I'm thinking of getting one since my touchpad crapped out on me.

It's the best possible tablet for the price. I got it pretty much to read books and comics. Feels great in the hands, very easy to type on. Went from a new ipad which was much too large and cumbersome.

Malo

Banned
It's the best possible tablet for the price. I got it pretty much to read books and comics. Feels great in the hands, very easy to type on. Went from a new ipad which was much too large and cumbersome.
I had the same problem with the touchpad which is similar in size to an ipad so that's good to hear. I will look into it, thanks.

how do met fans do it? Every time i root for the mets to win it ends in pain. 6 runs in the 10th /facepalm.

I was rooting for the Mets, too. If the Natinals lost, the Reds would have the best record in the NL. The last time that was true this late in the season, I don't even know.

Supposedly Dempster is pissed about the news leaking out before he was told anything which is why he's taking forever.

Quit being a child and decide already.

Enron

Banned
Supposedly Dempster is pissed about the news leaking out before he was told anything which is why he's taking forever.

Quit being a child and decide already.

After the Dodgers and Cubs are unable to reach agreement a 2nd time, Wren should counter with Mike Minor instead. Or less. dat no leverage

CygnusXS

He wants the Cubs to send him to the Dodgers instead.

I remembered this morning that I have one of Dempster's cousins on Facebook. Haven't talked to her in a couple years though. Would it be weird if I asked her to send him a message? It probably would, because the message would contain liberal usage of the f-word.

CygnusXS

Chipper Jones ‏@RealCJ10

Hello all! Yes, the ol man finally got the twitta! Shame on the posers. Thx to all the followers already. No fans like braves fans!

I am marking out hardcore over here.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jurrjens, a bag of balls and fredi gonzalez for dempster, disneyland tickets (for dempster), and airfare.

McNei1y

According to Nick Carfado (Boston writer) the Orioles and Marlins are talking about different scenarios. My guess is one about Hanley and the other about Hanley+Johnson

If the Orioles got Hanley AND Johnson... damn.

But I could see Hanley screwing around and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom