• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

I can't see the Orioles getting that package without giving up Dylan Bundy.

It would have to be either Bundy or Machado methinks. Still, I would know some O's fans that would go ape shit over the trade. All they'd think about is how good it looks on paper... but then they'd also bitch about Hanley's attitude and Johnson's performance.

Still, it would be cool!

clemenx

Banned
I need to see Jose Reyes' face if Marlins trade everyone.

BTW is Hanley really worth that much? He his way past beyond having a "bad season" I think he's legitimately declined.

it's amazing how the marlins are getting rid of their star players so fast. What a shitty owner they have

Yeah if I bought season tickets for the Marlins I would be so pissed. He promised to field a competitive team once he gets the new stadium, and he is blowing it up halfway through the 1st year. The fans should be allowed to sue him.

McNei1y

it's amazing how the marlins are getting rid of their star players so fast. What a shitty owner they have

It's pretty damn bad. I mean, hey lets waste money on three players AND a stadium. Oh we suck, sell mode now!

Where the hell is his accountant?

Probably all smiles. The guy seems to always be smiling. I'm sure it'd suck to be him though.

Also, I've lost interest in The Franchise. I'll watch it, just because... but this whole fire sale thing doesn't seem interesting and just seems to be gutting all of the personalities on the show.

RBH

Also, I've lost interest in The Franchise. I'll watch it, just because... but this whole fire sale thing doesn't seem interesting and just seems to be gutting all of the personalities on the show.

As long as Ozzie is still there, I'll keep watching!

Hanley in A's wouldn't be good for him. That park is not gonna do him any favors. O's seems like a nice fit. Jose deserves to be miserable for signing with a shitty organization and fan base.

Macattk15

I hope the Mariners trade some people soon ... other than Felix.

I could see Vargas, League, Millwood, Wilhelmsen all being possibilities to be moved. I can only hope for Chone Figgins :(

BTW is Hanley really worth that much? He his way past beyond having a "bad season" I think he's legitimately declined.

I was just looking at his numbers and thought the same thing. I don't get the big deal about this guy right now. I wouldn't be crushed if the Jays didn't get him.

Josh Johnson is also in the rumor mill for the Jays.

I was just looking at his numbers and thought the same thing. I don't get the big deal about this guy right now. I wouldn't be crushed if the Jays didn't get him.

If the Jays could get Ramirez and get him to play 2B, I'd be okay with that. He's younger than Johnson, better offensively, and has a higher upside. Of course, getting him to play second is a huge if.

It's a shame there's no way the Marlins would trade Stanton as part of their fire sale. He probably won't be available until he becomes arb eligible, at least...

bryehn

I really don't think Hanley would fit with the Jays right now, smells like an AA three-way deal to me. No idea who they'd flip him for or to though.

I think Hanley is becoming a cancer similar to his good friend Manny, and his offensive production doesn't warrant it, you look at this season and last season he had similar stats through the same amount of at bats. It's likely Hanley will not revert back to old form.

Johnson has been having consistent injury problems with both blisters and back issues. He's a great pitcher but hasn't been healthy.

Though I think the management is overreacting, Hanley needs to be dealt with in someway. They also need catching and need to get rid of Buck. It'd be interested to see if they go after Anibal in free agency.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Capitol Avenue Club said:
According to a source, the offer of Delgado is no longer a current offer, and if the Cubs want back in, they would have to renegotiate. The Braves are again calling other teams about starting pitching, and Dempster is no longer seen as their top priority.

The source said the deal “isn’t 100% dead, but it would have to be re-incarnated.” Delgado wouldn’t necessarily be off the table, but the terms for the deal “almost certainly wouldn’t be the same after all this. If for no other reason than it has become clear that the Braves offer was lapping everybody else’s offer, and the Cubs’ bargaining position is much weaker than it was two days ago.”

The Braves seem to have grown frustrated with the Cubs’ inability to give any idea of how long it will take Dempster to decide. It was said that “the Cubs front office and Dempster seem to not even be reading the same book, let alone on the same page.” The Braves simply could not afford to remain in limbo while other teams continued to target their fall back plans.]
http://capitolavenueclub.com/?p=7253

Link

The Autumn Wind
Lucas Duda and Pedro Beato have been demoted and Matt Harvey and Manny Acopstalpyse are promoted.
The writing was on the wall with Duda. His terrible defense could be somewhat overlooked when he was mashing, but once he went cold at the plate, he was nothing but an anchor.

The writing was on the wall with Duda. His terrible defense could be somewhat overlooked when he was mashing, but once he went cold at the plate, he was nothing but an anchor.

dpbi.png

Diamondbacks have DFA'd Ryan Roberts to make room on the 25-man for John McDonald.

Roberts has been told by the team that a potential trade involving him is "at the one yard line".

RBH

The Cubs have re-engaged the Dodgers in trade talk involving star righthanded pitcher Ryan Dempster, since Dempster has not yet accepted a deal to the Braves, sources tell CBSSports.com.

The Cubs and Braves had agreed on a trade to send Dempster to Atlanta for pitching prospect Randall Delgado, but Dempster has 10-and-5 veto rights, leaving the Cubs with little choice but to consider the original option -- the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Sources say Dempster has told people he would approve a trade to the Dodgers. It was originally thought Dempster would OK the Braves as well, as they were believed to be his "second'' choice. However, with him not giving his approval more than a day after the trade was consummated, the Cubs may be forced to try to forge a trade with the Dodgers.

After the Cubs and Braves agreed on the swap yesterday of Dempster for Delgado, with the assumption Dempster would OK his "second'' choice, it was reported in multiple media outlets that a deal was going to go down to send Dempster to Atlanta. However, Dempster tweeted "there is no deal,'' soon after, raising doubts about whether there actually was a second choice to the Dodgers.

The Cubs liked the Braves deal and were believed not overly enamored with the Dodgers original offer. Los Angeles does have some very good pitching prospects, but apparently they weren't showing a willingness to surrender the best of them for a rental. The Dodgers would appear to be in decent bargaining position now, especially if Dempster has no "second'' choice. The Nationals and Cardinals also talked to the Cubs about Dempster, but now it's obvious why the Dodgers were considered the "favorite'' from the start.

Dempster told the Chicago media he was still thinking about the Braves option, but Cubs people also realize it might be easier just to make their best deal with the Dodgers.

Dempster is believed to like the Dodgers for a variety of reasons, including the presence of former teammate Ted Lilly.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...to-dodgers-about-dempster-braves-deal-on-hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom