• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that Pittsburgh is going to make some moves that will catapult them to the division crown, while the Reds sit on their hands.

It's hard to trade for guys when everybody is hitting hot, you know? And pitching good!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
soo that Hanson delivery that was supposed to be quicker to the plate to stop SBs? yeah not working. 5 SBs in 2.1 innings.

Windu

Yeah.. I don't know what's wrong with him this year. He's very hittable.
they changed his delivery because of shoulder concerns. here is a great article on the changes http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/tommy-hansons-new-delivery-wheres-the-velocity/

With the change the avg fastball velocity has gone down from 91.1 to 89.8 and his release point has changed as well. His strikeouts are down (about 2 per 9 less than 2011) and walks are up (just a little though).

Hopefully its just a rough patch and it will take time to get used to the new delivery but so far...not looking good.

andycapps

they changed his delivery because of shoulder concerns. here is a great article on the changes http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/tommy-hansons-new-delivery-wheres-the-velocity/

With the change the avg fastball velocity has gone down from 91.1 to 89.8 and his release point has changed as well. His strikeouts are down (about 2 per 9 less than 2011) and walks are up (just a little though).

Hopefully its just a rough patch and it will take time to get used to the new delivery but so far...not looking good.

I knew they changed his delivery and brought his speed down a little so he could hopefully get more control. That hasn't materialized as of yet.. Maybe that will take another offseason to fully refine. I mean, he's not horrible but obviously not living up to expectations.

Is Terdoslavich the Braves future 3B? He committed 22 errors at 3B while at AAA, and had a horrible average. Doing much better at 1B now in AA. Wondering if they'll use Francisco at all. He seems to have the bat for it, but not a great average. Some questions about his work ethic too.

Macattk15

I should start paying attention to my NL team more since my lifelong AL team just continues to do dirty things to me when I'm not willing.

When Rendon finally plays for the Nationals my love affair will be complete, glass ankles and all.

zulux21

bleh bases loaded and no one out to start the game... here's hoping the white sox can get out of the inning giving up 2 or less runs @_@

McNei1y

I should start paying attention to my NL team more since my lifelong AL team just continues to do dirty things to me when I'm not willing.

When Rendon finally plays for the Nationals my love affair will be complete, glass ankles and all.

Come to the darkside... well, lightside.

Windu

Is Terdoslavich the Braves future 3B? He committed 22 errors at 3B while at AAA, and had a horrible average. Doing much better at 1B now in AA. Wondering if they'll use Francisco at all. He seems to have the bat for it, but not a great average. Some questions about his work ethic too.
I wouldn't consider Terdoslavich much of a prospect. He hasn't been too good in the upper minors and is old for the levels he has played at and i doubt he will stick at 3B. Prado is the future 3B.

RBH

The Padres are drawing “huge” amounts of interest in third baseman Chase Headley, and there’s a “strong probability” of a trade, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. The Padres are "down the road" with several teams willing to part with high-end prospects for Headley, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports (on Twitter).

The Yankees are unlikely to make a strong push for Headley, Heyman reports. Though they will consider third base options now that Alex Rodriguez is on the disabled list with a broken hand, they don’t want to surrender top prospects for Headley. The Yankees will ask the Padres about Headley, but haven’t done so yet, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney reports (on Twitter).

Headley has a .268/.361/.423 batting line in 421 plate appearances for the Padres this year. He earns $3.48MM in 2012 and will remain under team control through 2014. GM Josh Byrnes has reportedly set a tremendously high asking price for Headley. The Orioles, Indians, Pirates, A's and others have checked in on the 28-year-old.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/padres-likely-to-trade-chase-headley.html

McNei1y

They are definitely my fav. NL team, but I'll always be a Mariner fan first and foremost ..... until they kill my soul completely that is.

Yea I was kidding. Not trying to take away your fanhood.

Did you hear that song the singer from Death Cab sang about Ichiro?

McNei1y

Yeah. I knew he was a Mariner fan ... as he has thrown out a few first pitches, but it was pretty cool.

Yeah I never knew that. I like finding out when famous people are big baseball fans for some reason.

Edit: When the hell are we getting rid of Rodriguez.

Macattk15

Ichiro leading off for the Yanks today.

2018767325.jpg

Makes me giggle.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any presidence for a team just like, leaving a player in a city? Not trading him, not DFAing him, just not bringing him on the plane? I'd like the Twins to do this to Nic_ Blac_burn.

andycapps

Can the Braves fans talk about how poorly Henske has performed this year? So bad. Wouldn't mind us picking up another utility guy before the deadline.

RBH

I think Mark Bowman mentioned on the radio a few days ago that the Braves were looking for some relief help before the deadline, but yeah, another bench bat would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom