• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The A's first baseman has 3 errors this inning? When was the last time that happened to someone? I don't think even Brooks Conrad managed that.

I understand after the walk to Tex you start to warm up the pen just in case, you only give Young enough rope to hang himself and yank him. But let's face it, he made a good pitch and jammed Swisher. That's got to be an out there...

If you're arguing Byrdak should've faced Ibanez, well that's the problem with having only 1 lefty in the pen. TC prefers to use Byrdak in the 8th plus his numbers vs. Ibanez were not "good" enough to warrant using him there. Young made a decent pitch but Raul jumped on it.

EDIT: DUDA CAUGHT THE BALL THIS TIME YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Brahs talking right now have no idea what a Slurve is, they came to the conclusion that it is either another name for a Screwball or Gyroball.

RBH

original.jpg

Season two of THE FRANCHISE will bring together the sexy, cosmopolitan vibe of the city of Miami with the intense and competitive world of America's pastime as it follows one of Major League Baseball's most talked-about teams - the Miami Marlins.

The Marlins have a new look in 2012, with the hiring of Guillen, the acquisition of All-Stars Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Heath Bell and Carlos Zambrano, and the return of established young stars including Hanley Ramirez, Josh Johnson and Giancarlo Stanton.

The weekly series THE FRANCHISE: A SEASON WITH THE MIAMI MARLINS will premiere with a new one-hour episode on Wednesday, July 11 at 10 PM ET/PT. Thirty-minute episodes will follow each subsequent Wednesday night at 10 PM ET/PT on SHOWTIME for the following seven weeks.
http://sports.sho.com/#/baseball/specials/the-franchise/marlins

LJ11

Ibanez vs. Young: 9-34 0 HRs 2 BB 5 Ks
Ibanez vs. Byrdak: 2-11 2 HRs

again, it comes down to saving Byrdak for the 8th. But damn you guys giving Duda a tremendous pass here WTF?

Who gave Duda a pass? I had no problem with Young pitching to Ibanez, but why is Rauch in before Parnell? First options out of the pen should be Parnell/Byrdak, after that it doesn't really matter.

Byrdak should face more RH, he's been just as effective against them as that scrub Rauch.

I cannot believe that 0-1 pitch was called a strike. No one has got that call all game. And of course Duda strikes out, pulling off the ball again.

GEE HAVING MORE THAN ONE LEFTY IN THE PEN IS KINDA EFFECTIVE!

Who gave Duda a pass? I had no problem with Young pitching to Ibanez, but why is Rauch in before Parnell? First options out of the pen should be Parnell/Byrdak, after that it doesn't really matter.
I'm guessing because Parnell is the new 8th inning guy and Rauch pitches the 7th, I mean unless you want Rauch pitching the 8th inning there. I think the plan is solid, you have Rauch get out the righties and when a lefty comes up, Byrdak faces him. Then when the righties come up in the 8th Parnell faces them (like what is happening now). It's funny but Rauch had been going through a good stretch throwing more fastballs like Warthen told him to. Of course when he deviates from that and goes back to throwing too many curves/sliders he was doing poorly.
Byrdak should face more RH, he's been just as effective against them as that scrub Rauch.
Byrdak throwing hanging sliders to lefties scares me enough, you want that with righties?

Another guy who seemingly doesn't throw his full repertoire, he threw a decent change last year, I hardly see it anymore.

LJ11

I'm guessing because Parnell is the new 8th inning guy and Rauch pitches the 7th, I mean unless you want Rauch pitching the 8th inning there. I think the plan is solid, you have Rauch get out the righties and when a lefty comes up, Byrdak faces him. Then when the righties come up in the 8th Parnell faces them (like what is happening now). It's funny but Rauch had been going through a good stretch throwing more fastballs like Warthen told him to. Of course when he deviates from that and goes back to throwing too many curves/sliders he was doing poorly.

Byrdak throwing hanging sliders to lefties scares me enough, you want that with righties?

Another guy who seemingly doesn't throw his full repertoire, he threw a decent change last year, I hardly see it anymore.

If Parnell is the 8th inning guy why was Batista pitching the 8th last night? Batista in the 8th, that's how bad this bullpen is.

If Parnell is the 8th inning guy why was Batista pitching the 8th last night? Batista in the 8th, that's how bad this bullpen is.
Parnell had pitched the 7th and TC seemingly wanted no part of Rauch pitching yesterday. :D

Batista probably would've pitched the 7th again if he hadn't thrown so many pitches. I mean look, Mets are 1 short in the pen and Ramirez/Beato are at least 3 weeks away. Mejia is the wildcard but Rauch HAS to give them something. I will say that Chavez HR was kinda bad luck (pitch was away and at eye-level) but still Rauch gotta get the job done.

I love this umpire's strike zone in the late innings plus the uber delayed call. The scouting report was right of the money, zone expands later in the game. Ass.

Prade

I love this umpire's strike zone in the late innings plus the uber delayed call. The scouting report was right of the money, zone expands later in the game. Ass.

Come on man... The Mets have left an army on base today. Their offense has looked anemic ever since the first inning of last night.

Come on man... The Mets have left an army on base today. Their offense has looked anemic ever since the first inning of last night.
Not disputing any of that, I just never liked the idea of an ump voluntarily changing the strike zone mid-game. Man if Mets use Parnell in the 9th (and I think they kinda have to now) the 2nd-guessing that will happen afterwards.

EDIT: Or will they use Hefner/Batista?

So Mets-GAF:

When Jeremy Hefner takes Jon Rauch's spot on the roster and Rauch goes to Triple-A with a mysterious case of "Elbow soreness", will any Met fan care? I mean I've been very tolerant of him due to his first month of the season, but we're in late June now. If he can't get it together demote him or trade his ass.

Prade

So Mets-GAF:

When Jeremy Hefner takes Jon Rauch's spot on the roster and Rauch goes to Triple-A with a mysterious case of "Elbow soreness", will any Met fan care? I mean I've been very tolerant of him due to his first month of the season, but we're in late June now. If he can't get it together demote him or trade his ass.

He's sickens me. The fact that he's about to have 7 losses ALREADY is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom