• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ryan Dempster is the marquee name of a trade deadline day, you know it's quiet.

Anyone else annoyed by the new CBA? I think there would've been more interesting deals if receiving teams also got comp picks when the players walked.

Most of the AL still being in the hunt for the wildcard probably didn't help matters much, either.

rekameohs

Banned
11 hours ago:

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Expanded story on #Diamondbacks' attempt to swing a blockbuster for an elite starter

Now:

FUCK YEAH MATT ALBERS

andycapps

Has to be a huge kick in the pants to Nats fans not to acquire a SP to replace Strasburg when he gets shut down.

I still find it hard to believe that they'll actually shut him down. He'll probably hit that 160 IP limit with 3-4 potential appearances left on the season. Who are they going to bring up from the minors to replace him?

McNei1y

Has to be a huge kick in the pants to Nats fans not to acquire a SP to replace Strasburg when he gets shut down.

It sucks but at least we have the waiver deadline still. It's good that its around the time that Strasburg may be shut down. But for now, we have to compete with these stronger NL teams.

Blearth

Banned
Most likely no unless they drop the whole IP thing which won't happen.

We'll have a rotation of Gio, Zimmermann, Edwin Jackson, and Detwiler. Lannan will be the 5th in September most likely.
Why not cap him at 140 for the regular season and save those last 22 for the playoffs?

Good luck getting anyone decent through waivers.

Off the top of my head, Beckett and Soriano have both passed through waivers. The former could make the difference for some teams, and the latter is having a fairly decent season. Any player with a bigger contract is usually a sure thing to pass through waivers.

McNei1y

Geeze, thats lame

Yeah. It's going to be a tough two months.

Why not cap him at 140 for the regular season and save those last 22 for the playoffs?

Fans have been suggesting that but I doubt the FO does anything like that. They'll baby him as much as they can.

Interesting, and then go to a 4 man rotation for the playoffs I assume?

Zimmermann, Gonzalez, Jackson, and Detwiler with Lannan taking up the LR spot.

Blearth

Banned
Good luck getting anyone decent through waivers.

1245288_o.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe everybody in here is talking about Chad Qualls instead of Dempster to the Rangers.

East coast bias!

Well really its because Dumpster sucks.

harSon

Banned
Man, we basically traded our compensation pick for a slight upgrade to McGhee and fucking Qualls? Are you shitting me Neal Huntington? We could have at least used McGhee to back up Alvarez in 3B, what the fuck are we going to use Qualls for? Bulster up our minor league bullpen?

Ugh.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom