• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, we basically traded our compensation pick for a slight upgrade to McGhee and fucking Qualls? Are you shitting me Neal Huntington? We could have at least used McGhee to back up Alvarez in 3B, what the fuck are we going to use Qualls for? Bulster up our minor league bullpen?

Ugh.....................

YANKEES ALWAYS WIN!

A lot of people reporting the Rangers package was originally meant for Matt Garza, but once they heard Dempster would approve the trade to them, they switched it to him because there are injury concerns with Garza.

sangreal

Man, we basically traded our compensation pick for a slight upgrade to McGhee and fucking Qualls? Are you shitting me Neal Huntington? We could have at least used McGhee to back up Alvarez in 3B, what the fuck are we going to use Qualls for? Bulster up our minor league bullpen?

Ugh.....................

I think he is long past his option years

Speaking of, I'm surprised nobody grabbed Dewayne Wise

BFIB

Ugh.....................

Clearly the Pirates aren't used to being buyers at the deadline.

I thought initially that the Bucs were then going to acquire Headley in a last minute deal.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A lot of people reporting the Rangers package was originally meant for Matt Garza, but once they heard Dempster would approve the trade to them, they switched it to him because there are injury concerns with Garza.
Yet they didn't have suckage concerns with Dempster?

h3ro

HhtaT.jpg

So anyone got a list of all the trades that happened today?

Code:
------------
CUBS GET: RHP Jacob Brigham
RANGERS GET: C Geovanny Soto, cash considerations
------------
BRAVES GET: OF Reed Johnson, LHP Paul Maholm, cash considerations
CUBS GET: RHP Jaye Chapman, RHP Arodys Vizcaino
------------
BLUE JAYS GET: RHP Brad Lincoln
PIRATES GET: OF Travis Snider
------------
BLUE JAYS GET: RHP Steve Delabar
MARINERS GET: OF Eric Thames
------------
BLUE JAYS GET: RHP Logan Bawcom, OF Leon Landry
DODGERS GET: RHP Brandon League
------------
DODGERS GET: OF Shane Victorino
PHILLIES GET: RHP Josh Lindblom, RHP Ethan Martin, player to be named later or cash considerations
------------
GIANTS GET: OF Hunter Pence
PHILLIES GET: C Tommy Joseph, RHP Seth Rosin, OF Nate Schierholz
------------
CARDINALS GET: RHP Edward Mujica
MARLINS GET: 3B Zack Cox
------------
DIAMONDBACKS GET: RHP Matt Albers, OF Scott Podsednik
RED SOX GET: LHP Craig Breslow
------------
MARLINS GET: OF Gorkys Hernandez, competitive balance draft pick
PIRATES GET: RHP Kyle Kaminska, 1B Gaby Sanchez
------------
REDS GET: RHP Jonathan Broxton
ROYALS GET: LHP Donnie Joseph, RHP J.C. Sulbaran
------------
PIRATES GET: RHP Chad Qualls
YANKEES GET: 3B Casey McGehee, cash considerations
------------
CUBS GET: RHP Kyle Hendricks, 3B Christian Villanueva
RANGERS GET: RHP Ryan Dempster
------------
INDIANS GET: 1B Lars Anderson
RED SOX GET: RHP Steven Wright

McNei1y

this lineup makes me throw up in my mouth.

Lombardozzi 2B, Harper RF, Espinosa SS, Morse LF, Moore 1B, DeRosa 3B, Flores C, Bernadina CF, (Strasburg P)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So the Braves didn't do anything else eh. Aw well. The more I sit on it the more OK I am with Maholm/Reed. Bullpen is fine enough.

rekameohs

Banned
Steve Gilbert ‏@SteveGilbertMLB
New #Dbacks pitcher Matt Albers: "I think it's a new opportunity.

Oh shit, thing gettin intense up in this bitch. The ace has spoken.

So the Braves didn't do anything else eh. Aw well. The more I sit on it the more OK I am with Maholm/Reed. Bullpen is fine enough.

As much as I like Medlen as a starter, he is needed in the pen this year since it doesn't look like Moylan will make it back. Maholm was a great pickup.

harSon

Banned
About what? Casey McGehee is a scrub. It's like a wash of a trade, only Chad Qualls used to be good.

Personally really love the Travis Snider trade.

Because I'd rather have him back Alvarez at 3B, or even DFA him. Anything is better than trading him to the Yankees for fucking Qualls + cash. Hell, we could have just waited and gotten Qualls on waivers in a week....

I'm just mad that we've basically moved passed the dead line equal or worse to where we were before it, probably a tad bit worse considering we traded away our best bullpen player and failed to replace him. With the exception of the Wandy trade, we've pretty much made moves for the future, that may or may not help us this season or even in the future.

NH succeeded in not touching any of his prospects. He better hope a few of them amount to something decent.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So what's MLB-Gaf's take on breakfast hot dogs?

2yYz8.jpg

http://dudefoods.com/breakfast-hot-dogs/

I started off with two 1/4 pound hot dogs, wrapped each one with a slice of Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon and then cooked them in my oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

After that I took two Pretzilla soft pretzel buns, covered them with country style gravy, added the two bacon wrapped hot dogs and topped each one with a sunny side up egg.

My original plan was to cover the eggs with some of the country gravy as well, but they just looked way too perfect sitting there on top of the hot dogs for me to do that.

zulux21

So what's MLB-Gaf's take on breakfast hot dogs?

http://i.imgur.com/2yYz8.jpg[img]

[url]http://dudefoods.com/breakfast-hot-dogs/[/url][/QUOTE]

you replace the sunny side up eggs with over medium eggs and I would eat it... I just don't like how gooey sunny side up eggs are :P

Braves place Tommy Hanson on DL with lower-back strain. Kris Medlen takes his spot in the rotation. Expected to return when eligible on August 14.

Wren would not say whose roster spot Maholm will take.

Talon

Braves place Tommy Hanson on DL with lower-back strain. Kris Medlen takes his spot in the rotation. Expected to return when eligible on August 14.

Wren would not say whose roster spot Maholm will take on Saturday.
We need to trade Tommy before the right side of his body falls off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom