• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hamilton would be a terrible signing for the Phillies. He's going to be what...32? Years + money + injury history...I'd rather we pass.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Phillies take a run at him.

zulux21

@Zulux21 - thanks man :)

no problem. I do recommend watching the cardinals rockies game today if you haven't watched any free games this season just in case they send out promos for the free game watchers like last year.

Beyond that again just wait a few days... there is a 90% chance that the season pass price drops tomorrow (likely reduced to around $60or so)... but if not tomorrow it will be in the next few days.

I don't know if the playoff games will be blacked out in the UK (they will in the US for sure) but I am pretty sure they offered something like a $15 and be able to watch the playoff games as they are live last year... so that is something to keep in mind if your team is doing well... my white sox sucked last year so I didn't pay to much attention after Sept 1st last year ^^;

Hamilton would be a terrible signing for the Phillies. He's going to be what...32? Years + money + injury history...I'd rather we pass.

It's like the Phillies like having overpaid and injury prone players on their payroll.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I've got another question following on from my newbie questions the other week. Has anyone here got the MLB premium season pass so you can watch the games on a P.C, 360 etc? (I'm guessing many of you will have)

I wondered of there was a best timeframe with which to but the season pass? Looking on Google, it says the season normally starts in March and finished in Oct? So if I bought a season pass now it would be a bit of a waste?

Strangely, I emailed the MLB website and asked them about this, but the only reply I received was asking me to phone them on an international number (I'm in the U.K) so they could assist me further. Obviously I don't really want to do that - what with it being a seemingly straight forward question as well.

So does the pass run from the start of season until the end? Or does it run for 12 months and so it doesn't really matter when you buy it as you get a full season covered in that anyway? Thanks.
it is discounted every month. $80 at the moment (in a few days it will probably be cheaper). At the start of the season i think its $120 or something. And it runs till i think spring training next year. (march)

clemenx

Banned
no problem. I do recommend watching the cardinals rockies game today if you haven't watched any free games this season just in case they send out promos for the free game watchers like last year.

Beyond that again just wait a few days... there is a 90% chance that the season pass price drops tomorrow (likely reduced to around $60or so)... but if not tomorrow it will be in the next few days.

I don't know if the playoff games will be blacked out in the UK (they will in the US for sure) but I am pretty sure they offered something like a $15 and be able to watch the playoff games as they are live last year... so that is something to keep in mind if your team is doing well... my white sox sucked last year so I didn't pay to much attention after Sept 1st last year ^^;

Nah, playoffs aren't blacked out overseas. The bad part is that we don't get that Postseason.tv thingy :( which I much prefer to the regular broadcast. It sucks because we did get postseason.tv the first year they had it.

sangreal

apparently father's day is the best time to buy it because it was on sale for $50 the rest of the season.

I canceled my monthly sub in protest after I missed out on that

What's going on with the M's? Could it be a Cinderella story in the making? I can see it now:

"A ragtag group of AAA players claw their way back in the second half. On the final day of the season, the M's come back from a 3 run deficit in the 9th to win, capping off a dream season that sees them finish at 81-81, a mere 11 games back from the final wild card spot."

You forgot to add delicate psyche to the list.

He's even worse.

i9iW7HZiDagsc.gif

Phillies lineup in the post-Victorino and Pence era:

1. Jimmy Rollins - SS
2. Juan Pierre - LF
3. Chase Utley - 2B
4. Ryan Howard - 1B
5. Carlos Ruiz - C
6. Laynce Nix - RF
7. John Mayberry Jr. - CF
8. Kevin Frandsen - 3B
9. Cliff Lee - P

Phils are getting really good swings against strasburg tonight. I was not expecting that. JP just stole 2nd and 3rd and scores on a terrible throw down to 3rd.

Phillies lineup in the post-Victorino and Pence era:

1. Jimmy Rollins - SS
2. Juan Pierre - LF
3. Chase Utley - 2B
4. Ryan Howard - 1B
5. Carlos Ruiz - C
6. Laynce Nix - RF
7. John Maryberry Jr. - CF
8. Kevin Frandsen - 3B
9. Cliff Lee - P

Prob still has more HR's in the lineup than SD and Hou combined

zulux21

this could be problematic.... Blackburn actually looks like he has good stuff today :/
hopefully he loses it sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom