• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Murphy ripped that ball right to Blanco. Mets are getting great swings off Lincecum, and it makes what happened to Harvey more frustrating.
I think the Mets have very well proven they can easily string plenty of THOSE games together.
Yeah but I can't take alot of THOSE games in a row!

TheNatural

My Member!
Whew, thankfully the Reds ended a horrible 1 game skid today. Hopefully they can get back on track after the bounceback win tonight.

Is that why you disappeared for a little while? Did you have a mini-breakdown?
I didn't have a breakdown, I went to post on the other Mets board exclusively. I usually alternate but there's much more player discussion/semi-levelheadedness there.

With CajoleJuice and some of the other vets gone/LJ11 banned at the time I got tired of Mets-GAF going emo over the losses, I ain't about dat depression life.

Nothing's changed, I'll post for Harvey/Hefner/Dickey starts and not post the others.

Is that why you disappeared for a little while? Did you have a mini-breakdown?

3Qk2Q.gif

Frankman after a Mets game.

Anyway, Harvey with another quick inning. Funny, Harvey could be pitching a 1-hit shutout now: Valdy misplay and Ruben Tejada airmailing a throw are the only reasons he's losing.

Askani

Was at the K tonight to watch the Royals. Chris Getz's batting music is from RBI Baseball for NES. That alone is reason enough to never let Betancourt start over him again, not to mention any of the other thousand or so reasons.

zulux21

Was at the K tonight to watch the Royals. Chris Getz's batting music is from RBI Baseball for NES. That alone is reason enough to never let Betancourt start over him again, not to mention any of the other thousand or so reasons.

I was really sad to see Getz go to KC for Mark Teahen (granted half of that was because we were trading for Mark Teahen) I am glad to see that someone over there likes him

Askani

I was really sad to see Getz go to KC for Mark Teahen (granted half of that was because we were trading for Mark Teahen) I am glad to see that someone over there likes him

It would be hard not to like him simply for the fact that I can't stand Betancourt.

That being said, he had a really good game tonight. 2-4 with a double, 2 RBIs, and a great read on a Johnny Damon hit for an out. Hopefully he stays healthy now that he's back and gets more playing time over Y.B.

After bases loaded and 2 out, gets a DP from Scutaro and strikes Belt out looking. If that's all from Harvey just another impressive outing considering his D has put him in trouble all night.

Code:
[U]Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA[/U]
M Harvey	6.0	4	3	2	3	7	0	91-53	1.59
Very deceptive line, only gave up 2 legit hits tonight. Other 2 balls should've been caught/were misplayed and set up scoring innings.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Missed most of the game, but cool, only 2.5 back now.

And what happened to Strasburg today? Just had a bad day?

Enron

Banned
So

Neftali done for 2013 likely
Lewis done for 2013 likely
Oswalt just quit the team

It seems like the Rangers franchise has been completely destroyed in less than a few days, just like that. I am no longer optimistic about the rest of this season or 2013. I think the window has now closed.

So

Neftali done for 2013 likely
Lewis done for 2013 likely
Oswalt just quit the team

It seems like the Rangers franchise has been completely destroyed in less than a few days, just like that. I am no longer optimistic about the rest of this season or 2013. I think the window has now closed.

Angels have all the momentum and the pitching.

David's problem is he trusts his eye and guesses alot. That pitch was up the middle but looked to be low, so he didn't bother swinging. In that situation you can't put it on the umps, you gotta protect if it's close. For some reason Wright has stopped doing that this year.
2 for 19 against Lincecum and he's put in to PH. GJ, Terry.
Oh come on, the papers and any journalist would've DESTROYED him if he used anyone but Wright. That's what you pay your star for.

Who did you want up? Rob Johnson? Ronny Cedeno?

Enron

Banned
Apparently Oswalt stormed out on the team, but came back. Either way, though, I expect he'll ask for his release so he's as good as gone.

LJ11

Uppercut swing the last month + seemingly abandoning his "opposite field" approach.

Word, looks pull happy, starts pressing when things go bad. In 2010 he was up near the top in WAR going into the ASB, everyone gets hurt and Wright starts swinging for the downs. He was terrible that July/August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom