• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
God I felt like I was watching some WWF. Camera on a black car rolling into the stadium. Could it be pence!?! Stay tuned

Prade

I didn't have a breakdown, I went to post on the other Mets board exclusively. I usually alternate but there's much more player discussion/semi-levelheadedness there.

With CajoleJuice and some of the other vets gone/LJ11 banned at the time I got tired of Mets-GAF going emo over the losses, I ain't about dat depression life.

Nothing's changed, I'll post for Harvey/Hefner/Dickey starts and not post the others.

I can't believe how misunderstanding you are with how we've had it with this franchise. For the fourth straight year, the Mets had a pretty decent first half. For the fourth straight year, the Mets were in a position at the break to perhaps add a piece to help make a run. For the fourth straight year, THEY DIDN'T DO SHIT. Now we can kiss the season goodbye and the old motto of "we'll start looking towards next year" takes effect. Another year where we won't even sniff the playoffs and that'll make only 3 appearances since 1988. I think I'm allowed to be just a bit upset, ya know?

well that sucks.
I can't believe how misunderstanding you are with how we've had it with this franchise. For the fourth straight year, the Mets had a pretty decent first half. For the fourth straight year, the Mets were in a position at the break to perhaps add a piece to help make a run. For the fourth straight year, THEY DIDN'T DO SHIT. Now we can kiss the season goodbye and the old motto of "we'll start looking towards next year" takes effect. Another year where we won't even sniff the playoffs and that'll make only 3 appearances since 1988. I think I'm allowed to be just a bit upset, ya know?
The Mets were supposed to lose 90 games this year. All they did was regress to their supposed level of play, and injuries certainly helped that. Unless you thought they would survive their lack of speed/power/defense. Good teams overcome mistakes/rarely make them. This is the same team I saw since Day 1, they need to play close to perfect ball and not make mistakes, they can't overcome them. I'm just being a realist here, you have to look how the 2nd half crumbled + the expectations of the team were each year.

YOU WERE FOOLED.

aFIGurANT

Hey so on that Tigers game...when the hell did we start calling games before 6 innings were up? I mean I get it during the regular season that you can't wait it out all night, but wtf man? Based loaded in the top of the sixth and you don't let Verlander come back to this down the road on an off day or something? Instead you let Boston have this fucked up victory they didn't really earn?

I am probably wrong and this is how it's always been....but with more than a third of the game unplayed, stats are so borked (for fantasy baseball's stretch, I admit, but still).

Prade

The Mets were supposed to lose 90 games this year. All they did was regress to their supposed level of play, and injuries certainly helped that. Unless you thought they would survive their lack of speed/power/defense. Good teams overcome mistakes/rarely make them. This is the same team I saw since Day 1, they need to play close to perfect ball and not make mistakes, they can't overcome them. I'm just being a realist here, you have to look how the 2nd half crumbled + the expectations of the team were each year.

YOU WERE FOOLED.

I understand we have holes all over the place, but you can't argue with me that the biggest one of them is the pigpen. If we had a halfway decent one, we might have actually gone into the All Star Break in first. Don't you feel it was owed to at least the players for the FO to get them an arm so all these blown games can stop demoralizing them? God forbid they add a righty bat to solidify the lineup and D.

I understand we have holes all over the place, but you can't argue with me that the biggest one of them is the pigpen. If we had a halfway decent one, we might have actually gone into the All Star Break in first. Don't you feel it was owed to at least the players for the FO to get them an arm so all these blown games can stop demoralizing them? God forbid they add a righty bat to solidify the lineup and D.
And do what? Blow up the farm by giving away a Mejia/Familia/Harvey? Because if you looked at the trade deals you had to give up a Top 10 prospect to get almost anything barring GM stupidity. The focus was not 2012, everyone knew that when Sandy was hired. Look, the bullpen pisses me off as well, but it's a year-by-year thing and this year it was craps.

"There is a plan in place, Prade..."

Castiel_brought_back_as_an_Archangel.png

"... and it is just"

Great, Now the lineup is missing its two best hitters. Votto, please hurry back.

It's all about pitching, man. The one game the Reds have lost in the last two weeks happened because of a complete meltdown by Leake, after he had been fantastic for a while. Reds still scored 5 runs.

And you know BP will be back for Friday.

Enron

Banned
So im sitting in this class about Behavioral Economics at work and the class instructor is pimping Moneyball - "The analytical side of baseball, unconventional statistics and the thinking that you can apply to the business world as well - ALL OF YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE"

I want to strangle this guy through the phone, christ

Macattk15

Mariners in the positive run differential column. WTF is this.
IT'S ALL JUST A MIRAGE.

Also I find this GIF hilarious.

SierraStopSign.gif.opt.gif

"Welp, I tried."

Matt Harvey is a class act all the way.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Not only did Matt Harvey refrain from throwing his fielders under the bus after Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Giants, he placed the blame for the loss solely on himself.

And he was being completely unfair.

Harvey deserved to be out of a two-run second inning without any damage. Leadoff batter Buster Posey reached when Jordany Valdespin misread a ball in center field. And Ruben Tejada threw away a would-be inning-ending double play that would have ended the frame without any damage.

“I don’t like to lose, so obviously I’m not happy about it,” Harvey said. “In my eyes, if we scored one run, I should have done my part and gotten zeroes, but I didn’t do that tonight. I didn’t do my job.”

Said Terry Collins: “The double-play ball we should have turned over. We had one of those innings. But he pitched very well. Very, very well.”

As for the center-field misread, Collins added: “[Valdespin is] a young guy, who is not used to playing center field. And the line drive is the toughest ball to judge. He thought he had a bead on it. And the ball all of a sudden, I’m sure, had some topspin and dove on him.”

Reminded the fielding miscues actually were the culprit, Harvey said: “Well, you’ve got to move forward. They’ve been up here all year making plays. One play is not going to change anything.”

Harvey said he was so focused on the mound, he did not really notice his surroundings. But he really enjoyed the AT&T Park vibe once he departed the game after six innings, trailing 3-1.

“This place is fun to play in, an electric ballpark,” he said. “It’s nice being on the mound and being locked in and not hearing anything. But I think Rob Johnson came up to me after and he goes, ‘You see what I mean, how electric this place is?’ I didn’t really notice it while I was on the mound. But when I got out, it’s a fun place to play.”
Just a nice guy.
Zack Wheelers next start will be in Triple AAA. Guy is getting close to the MLB.
It's weird, but it's looking like if he has a great Spring Training Zack Wheeler might be ready for the 2013 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom