• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Yeah its true its not the most impressive group of teams above .500 but the O's are still above .500 (for now).

At some point they have to come crashing down to earth, what they're doing with the run differential they have right now is pretty damn crazy.

Ahahaha even the Mariners have a positive run differential now

harSon

Banned
ffs mccutch, .373/.432/.632

His average has maintained, but his power has dropped off considerably. He hasn't hit a home run in two weeks and until these last two games, had only 3 doubles for all of July. Seems like he's starting to pick up again though. We're going to need him to be big against the Reds.

And Hanharan's performance today was troubling. 5 hits given up in the 9th inning. Double, triple, homerun and a single all back to back to back. I'd consider this a fluke, but he's been anything but shutdown this season as closer.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Details on Hamels' 6-year, $144 million deal with the Phillies:

2013: $19.5 million
2014: $22.5 million
2015: $22.5 million
2016: $22.5 million
2017: $22.5 million
2018: $22.5 million

-- 7th year, 2019 club option worth $20. If Hamels makes it vest automatically, it becomes $24 million.
-- $6 million signing bonus
-- 2019 option has a $6 million buyout
-- No deffered money

Never change Amaro. Never change.

We've Been Eating Ketchup Wrong THIS WHOLE TIIME

original.jpg

You thought those small condiment cups you get at fast food restaurants only held a thimble's worth of ketchup, right? You were wrong. Horribly, brutally wrong. Turns out you can fan them out, meaning you can dunk your fries by the fistful into a sea of crimson tomato deliciousness. Consider your life forever changed.

Maybe you've been doing this forever already, but a quick poll of Giz staffers found that we were overwhelmingly overwhelmed with this revelation. More cup real estate means more ketchup. More ketchup means a face covered in crimson like you just stuck your face under a soft drink fountain of Heinz. More ketchup means no fast food fare left naked. It's not supposed to be clean. Dave Thomas (R.I.P.) isn't setting out the white napkins for your trip to Wendy's. Expanding cups are there so your juicy beef patty is soaked in the sauce, your fingers dyed red, and your face dripping in viscous liquid. Don't be shy. Smash your sandwich with gusto into an Olympic-sized cup of ketchup. It's the way the fast food gods intended.
SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

rekameohs

Banned
Paul Goldschmidt has now played one full calendar year in the majors.

Stats: 282/.354/.518, 39 2B, 2 3B, 23 HR in 536 PAs. Big future for that big fella.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Something has to give in Detroit though, eventually. They were so...not-sub-par at the start of the season too.

So since I am not able to keep track of this shit and need the assurance of everyone else telling me to buy now!! - is the 49.99 for mlb.tv now discounted from yesterday? Or do I need to wait a few days to save ten bucks or something? Cuz yeah the premium is at 50 bucks and the other is at 40 as of today.
they discount it at the start of every month. It was $80 a few days ago. buy.

I feel like throwing up from reading that. Tag that shit NSFW, Frank.
You'll eat your French Fries with Ketchup and like it! You don't use mayonnaise, damn foreigner.

rando14

Paul Goldschmidt has now played one full calendar year in the majors.

Stats: 282/.354/.518, 39 2B, 2 3B, 23 HR in 536 PAs. Big future for that big fella.

I like Goldschmidt, seems like he's been consistently reliable all year. Look forward to seeing him do well

JABEE

Rollins with 2 homers to tonight along with the warning track shot from first inning.

Schierholtz with a bomb right after J-Roll!

3-2

Sheets has really been much better than the stats indicates. He got blooped to death in the first inning and the defense behind him has been shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom