• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I didn't even see that it was really by Latos... LOL

I was simply picking the most bullshit, unorthodox way that the Reds could put points on the board :|

Mets wearing the old 1989-style road grays tonight.

screen-shot-2012-08-03-at-5-30-16-pm.png

I feel like I'm going to cry.

harSon

Banned
It's probably about time to pull Wandy, but Hurdle is going to ride his ass into the ground. I'm expecting at least another inning, with 3-4 more runs under his belt before he's pulled.

sangreal

The Reds are on some next level shit right now. They're seriously unbeatable.

I feel bad for the bucs.... finally put together a good team and the Reds go crazy

oddly, I have no sympathy for the orioles. I'm still waiting for them to fall to last place

jman2050

So apparently the Yankees have been OPSing roughly .880 with RISP since the end of June after being miserable most of the year before that.

It's almost as if RISP were mostly random and not really predictive and not really indicative of any particular strength or weakness.

Johan pitching in Brooklyn on Sunday! Mite have to head to Cyclones Stadium for the first time!
Oh shit I think I might see if captmcblack and I can catch that game. Last time Johan did a rehab he was SO accessible. Just a real nice guy.
SAN DIEGO -- After deliberation, the Mets placed reliever Tim Byrdak on the disabled list before Friday's series opener with shoulder discomfort to clear the roster spot for Frank Francisco.

Byrdak said he injured himself delivering a slider in the road trip opener in Arizona last Thursday. He will have an MRI on Monday in New York to determine the extent of the injury.

"I threw that last slider on a strikeout and I just kind of felt something in the back of my shoulder roll a little bit," Byrdak said. "I started seeking treatment on it right away, but it was a situation where it's still there. It's not getting any better. Knowing the roster move [with Francisco], I didn't want to leave Terry [Collins] a man short. We thought the best position to take was to go ahead and go on the DL and give it some time to calm down."
Guy pitched too much, I don't know why Mets didn't try to get a 2nd lefty. Byrdak has never been a 1 inning guy. But it gets worse...
SAN DIEGO -- Kirk Nieuwehuis suffered a torn plantar fascia in his right foot running up the first-base line in his first at-bat for Triple-A Buffalo on Friday, GM Sandy Alderson said.

Nieuwenhuis had been demoted last weekend to clear the roster spot for Mike Baxter's return from the DL. He was playing his fourth game for the Bisons on Friday.

Alderson said it was unclear whether Nieuwenhuis had suffered a full or partial tear. A full tear may be preferable, whereas surgery may be required for a partial tear.

"In some cases a complete tear is better than a partial tear," Alderson said. "It really will depend on the examination and how he responds as to whether surgery will be necessary. Surgery is often not necessary in these cases."

On lighter news, Jeremy Hefner in retro garb and stirrups:

20120803-181549.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom