• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
J-Mac is probably going to bean someone in the face tomorrow.

We should probably start Correia tomorrow and have him bean someone in the face and get thrown out. He can be our designated beanballer.

TheNatural

My Member!
If their fucking pitcher is going to step up at the place to fill in injury voids, then probably.

If the Pirates lucky 29th OBP doesn't hold up either. Pirates aren't shit, the Reds are just pulling the horseshoe out of your asses and beating you over the head with it injuries and all. A long time coming.

zulux21

bleh, I hate it when umps give the "in the vicinity of the bag" calls
pujols pulled his foot off first about a half second before he caught the ball :/
oh well at least it is a new game, hopefully the sox can win this and the Angel's little protest does nothing

harSon

Banned
If the Pirates lucky 29th OBP doesn't hold up either. Pirates aren't shit, the Reds are just pulling the horseshoe out of your asses and beating you over the head with it injuries and all. A long time coming.

You should probably use updated states. Like having a 15th and 9th placed OBP in the months of June and July.

zulux21

Rumor is circulating the Dodgers put a claim on Cliff Lee.

with the way waver claims work, if the phillies wanted to they could force them to take cliff lee right (aka demand nothing in return just give them lee and his contract)
or can you put a claim in just to stop someone else picking him up with out any risk to your team at all (which would be silly)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I don't think the Dodgers would mind if Philly just dumped Lee on them with all of his salary. I really think that they would be OK with that.

TheNatural

My Member!
Right after you learn the difference between an informative post and a driveby crap.

I didn't know I needed to write something informative about a jaded Pirates fan bitter they lost.

Don't be pissed at the Reds, that anger can be redirected at the shitty Pirates management who refuse to add payroll.

TheNatural

My Member!
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/standings/

If your retort is going to be "omg Reds bullpen iz teh bestest!!11", please note that the Pirates have a pretty good one as well.

Neither of your teams is as lucky as the Oriololes though.

So, you prove how lucky we are with some pythag crap ... that actually has STL on top. You know, the same team who's won two World Series by the hair of their ass with some of the worst records for a WS winner in history. Gollee St Louis is totally getting the shaft.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i like watching kimbrel pitch, so good. Don't like wasting him with a 3 run lead though. Anyway, go marlins.

harSon

Banned
Learn the difference between good and lucky and get back to me. K thx.

You're dumb. The Reds are consistently winning lately for the same reasons the Pirates were able to maintain early in the season. Solid starting pitching and a lights out bullpen.

Both teams are overachieving at times considering their situations, but I wouldn't call either lucky.

You can go back to cheering for your thug franchise that throw's fast balls at the league MVP, with a lead.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
By the way, I just want to point out that the Braves' bullpen has the best xFIP in the majors. Just saying.

TheNatural

My Member!
You're dumb. The Reds are consistently winning lately for the same reasons the Pirates were able to maintain early in the season. Solid starting pitching and a lights out bullpen.

Both teams are overachieving at times considering their situations, but I wouldn't call either lucky.

You can go back to cheering for your thug franchise that throw's fast balls at the league MVP, with a lead.

LOL thug franchise? U mad?

Hope you're not a Steelers fan, otherwise you're about as hypocritical as it gets throwing that word around.

So, you prove how lucky we are with some pythag crap ... that actually has STL on top. You know, the same team who's won two World Series by the hair of their ass with some of the worst records for a WS winner in history. Gollee St Louis is totally getting the shaft.
Perhaps you'd like to bring up the great Reds teams from the 1970s to calm yourself down? Or realize those stats are for the current season instead of getting butthurt about the past?

If you want to have some intelligent discourse over the merits and weaknesses of Pythagorean records and 3rd order wins, have at it.

harSon

Banned
The Steelers are the most angelic franchise in the history of sports, their morality knows no bounds.

The Reds on the other hand are a gang of heathen thugs who can't back their long term thuggery with long term success, evident by them getting their shit pushed in by the Cardinals in 2010 after starting shit and failing to finish it.

I expect McCutchen and the Pirates to do something similar this time around. It'd probably be smart not to intentionally bean the NL MVP with a fastball. That stare down and constant 'fuck yous' thrown the Red's way by him is probably his way of telling ya'll that he's going to fuck you up at the plate tomorrow.

Can't wait.

The Steelers are the most angelic franchise in the history of sports, their morality knows no bounds.

The Reds on the other hand are a gang of heathen thugs who can't back their long term thuggery with long term success, evident by them getting their shit pushed in by the Cardinals in 2010 after starting shit and failing to finish it.

I expect McCutchen and the Pirates to do something similar this time around. It'd probably be smart not to intentionally bean the NL MVP with a fastball, that stare down and constant 'fuck yous' thrown your way is probably going to result in some pretty one sided ball in favor of the Bucs tomorrow.

Pirates will be pumped up for tomorrow's game: I fully expect the Pirates to at the very least double, no- triple the amount of runs they scored today.

TheNatural

My Member!
Perhaps you'd like to bring up the great Reds teams from the 1970s to calm yourself down? Or realize those stats are for the current season instead of getting butthurt about the past?

If you want to have some intelligent discourse over the merits and weaknesses of Pythagorean records and 3rd order wins, have at it.

I just did with what St Louis record was winning the WS. They mean shit, ESPECIALLY for baseball where you have 5 different starters. STL has all of a 21 run advantage over 110 plus games. Whooptie do. They're also now 8.5 out. Maybe they beat up on teams a little more in blowouts or maybe their really bad starts aren't as really bad as others.

Either way, who cares? All that matters is record. And then once the playoffs come around? Even THAT doesn't matter.

TheNatural

My Member!

I expect McCutchen and the Pirates to do something similar this time around. It'd probably be smart not to intentionally bean the NL MVP with a fastball. That stare down and constant 'fuck yous' thrown the Red's way by him is probably his way of telling ya'll that he's going to fuck you up at the plate tomorrow.

Can't wait.

What the fuck are you talking about? The Reds won the fucking division in 2010 dumbass. And they didn't even play each other in the playoffs, so I fail to see how the Reds "got their shit pushed in."

I understand you're happy about your little Cinderella run, but kindly shut the fuck up with your crybaby act because you can't take a loss or the Reds winning streak.

The question is... who do the Pirates bean? They are going to have to throw into the clubhouse to hit a star player.

What happened to you being overly pessimistic?!?! :| I thought your injury ridden team being ever so lightly held together by a four leaf clover was going to lose!

Well, I just said the Reds are having bullshit luck. A blown call for an inside the park HR, and the f'n pitcher getting a two-out HR. There is no way I could have anticipated that coming.

Jubs

VJduJ.gif

We need to restore some sort of civility in this thread. MLBGAF is supposedly famous for being the most level-headed GAF.
Then you better put your boy in check. Team-GAFs police their own, and I think you're the senior member of Reds-GAF.

EDIT: Godamit Jubs beat me to getting popcorn.

TheNatural

My Member!
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/St-Louis-Cardinals,-Cincinnati-Reds-brawl-in-first-inning-081010

What happened to you being overly pessimistic?!?! :| I thought your injury ridden team, being ever so lightly held together by a four leaf clover was going to lose!

So you point out a brawl that we lost the game in and still won the division? LOL. Um, ok.

And yeah sorry, I don't take kindly to a shit talking Pirates fan of all people butthurt saying our winning streak is "stupid" coming from the biggest Cinderella team in baseball with a 29th in the league OBP this year. Then crying because your best player happened to get beaned. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom