• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

They're not overturning anything. Just saw the video, and he probably should have been called out. Kind of coincidental that it happened 2 days after the same thing happened in the Mets/Giants game and he was called out.

I agree, he most likely should have been called out, but the umps felt that he was in the base path and that the ball wasn't wide because of konerko was there but because the catcher was wild. I'm just curious where scioscia gets his confidence that it will go in their favor when the rules are pretty clear that it won't since it was a judgement call and you can't win a protest to overturn a judgement call.

On a different note this is interesting to me. I have never seen a game played under protest before :p

edit: I didn't realize that if you started the 7th inning as a reliever with the lead, and pitched until the end of the game regardless of what the score was when you came in... as long as you didn't give up the lead and your team won you would get a save (aka you send in a reliever in a 20-0 game and he pitches the 7.8.and 9 innings he would get a save) has one of these saves ever been obtained by a reviler before?

I didn't realize that if you started the 7th inning as a reliever with the lead, and pitched until the end of the game regardless of what the score was when you came in... as long as you didn't give up the lead and your team won you would get a save (aka you send in a reliever in a 20-0 game and he pitches the 7.8.and 9 innings he would get a save) has one of these saves ever been obtained by a reviler before?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200708221.shtml

rekameohs

Banned
Did you know that when Omar Vizquel played his first game, Mike Trout wasn't even conceived yet. (it was 2 years 2 months and 4 days after omar vizquel played his first ML game that mike trout was born :p)

Jamie Moyer is older than 22 of the Rockies' 25 pitchers from their inaugural 1993 season.

bluemax

Banned
Scioscia seems sure his protest will go in the angels favor, anyone here actually agree with that thought? I personally don't see them overturning the game.

I've never seen a game get over turned in my life. I've seen a number of protests though.

zulux21

ah cool, that had to be one of the most relaxing saves of all time lol

I've never seen a game get over turned in my life. I've seen a number of protests though.

i read the last protest to succeed was in 1986 where it was a clear rules issue (umps called it after 40 min or rain delay and they are required by the rules to wait at least 75 min which is obviously against the rules) This one is completely a judgement thing so I can't see it being overturned.

The angels fans still seem to be quite bitter about the 2005 playoffs though :p as a lot of them on MLB seem to talk about they have hated the white sox ever since AJ stole first lol.

Ahahahahaha hilarious stat.

Matt Reynolds has appeared in 40 games this season. The Rockies are 1-39 in those games.

*looks up Matt Reynolds*
I can't help but feel that you have been fooled and the person who said that stat has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.... as ignoring the fact he has appeared in 49 games according to baseball reference... I just can't imagine a team going 1-39 in games where a pitcher with a 3-1 record pitched o_O;

rekameohs

Banned
*looks up Matt Reynolds*
I can't help but feel that you have been fooled and the person who said that stat has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.... as ignoring the fact he has appeared in 49 games according to baseball reference... I just can't imagine a team going 1-39 in games where a pitcher with a 3-1 record pitched o_O;

Whoops, need to clarify, since April 28 they are 1-39. My B, dawg.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30604/matt-reynolds

zulux21

Whoops, need to clarify, since April 28 they are 1-39. My B, dawg.

now that might be true :p
as he indeed has appeared in 40 games since then and has no wins during that time lol
that is just bad luck on his side though as I don't imagine a pitcher with around a 3.5 era (edit: 4.5 after today) can be blamed for a 1-39 record
edit: they haven't won since may 31st in the games he appeared in :p

Billingsely has looked really good the last couple of games.

Edit: and then that
Been really good since coming back from the DL. Need all the pitching we can get. Blanton can be a hit and miss.
Any chance Jerry Sands is gonna be part of the deal for Lee or Blanton?

Also Mest horrible tonight. Thought it was a sure thing tonight. Worse than being a jobber.

reddick-spidey.gif

Jays injured list =/

Cecil sent down
Chavez recalled
Heccheveria recalled :eek:

So that must mean Lawrie is out for awhile. How had did Rasmus' injury look? If he's out too, that means they've lost:
- three-fifths of their starting rotation, plus McGowan (which isn't too surprising, really)
- four or five relief pitchers
- starting catcher, plus top catching prospect
- first baseman
- third baseman
- right fielder
- centre fielder

Plus Encarnacion is apparently playing hurt.

So...go Blue-51s-Fishercats-Jays...?

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder when Pirates will put Brock Holt up in AAA to see what he can do, he's had a good average all levels and been in AA for 2 years now. Chase D'Arnauld is obviously not the answer

I guess it depends how much Magic is willing to spend, but if you are willing to spend no matter what you can always be competitive.

Yeah, probably a little off putting on my part to comapre to the Phils, but I just hate southern California with a passion. I don't ever want to see a Dodgers or an Angels fan (if they ever get any) smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom