• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

yay the yankees have scored more maybe the tigers will lose... on the flip side I really need my white sox to tie the game up in the bottom of the ninth to eventually win it.
edit: come on dunn... don't be useless :/
edit 2: omg... he actually got a hit... come on youk keep it going.. just a hit would be nice but if you want to tie it that's fine as well :p
edit 3: Youk :(... come on AJ... be awesome and get more haters.

JABEE

16,000 less per season or per game? huge difference

Per game according to ESPN's average. It was actually about 15,000 this season. Last season it was 20,000 more. http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

1. Phillies Average Home: 44,570 PCT 102.1

15. Nationals Average Home 29,600 PCT: 71.3

The Nationals were the ones to run that stupid "Take Back the Park" campaign because Phillies fans were invading their park because they can't sell out their own stadium. The Phillies have been selling well over 100% of their home tickets. It made no sense at all. Not only do the Nationals fail to sell out their own ballpark with the best record in baseball, but their homer announcer cites their own stupid marketing slogan to take a shot at the Phillies.

zulux21

tigers lose white sox get a run... come on sox just 1 more run... please... we need this win to put some space between us and the tigers again.
edit: *sigh*oh well at least we are still in first regardless whether the tigers win or lose tomorrow... hopefully the yankees can play well and win tomorrow... then I can go back to rooting for team facing the yankees lol

JnMz3.gif

JnMz3.gif

JnMz3.gif

JnMz3.gif

JnMz3.gif

Sharp

It's over anyway!

Here's something to laugh at. Nationals' color analyst saying Phillies fans need to "take back" their own park after Phillies sell only 41,655 tickets the day the sell out streak ended. Washington average more than 16,000 less tickets per season and are at 71% full capacity during a season that they lead the National League. Phillies are at number one and have played like crap all season.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/0...phillies-should-take-back-their-own-park.html
F.P. is an idiot and his comment made no sense, but I think it's pretty clear that the Phillies aren't going to keep selling out their stadium when they don't have the wins to back it up. IIRC, attendance usually lags around a season behind team results, since the size of the season ticket base is such a big contributor and they only make decisions once a year. Don't get me wrong, I think the Phillies have built up enough goodwill that they still outdraw the Nats next year, but if they miss the playoffs two years in a row I think a lot of people are going to opt to watch them on T.V.

clemenx

Banned
Ehh, that may be a mistake. Machado was progressing slowly but surely. Not really dominating any level, not even close. To be fair he's always been too young for where he's been playing. Is he on a hot streak recently or something?
He'd probably do as well as Harper.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ehh, that may be a mistake. Machado was progressing slowly but surely. Not really dominating any level, not even close. To be fair he's always been too young for where he's been playing. Is he on a hot streak recently or something?

Dude he's 19. .265/.350/.430 line he was putting up in AA is pretty freaking insane, the fact that theres a good chance he ends up SS in the bigs makes it even crazier.

Guess it'd end up with Machado at 3B, Davis/Reynolds at 1B and Betemit DH against RHP.

It's pretty damn crazy by Baltimore but really they're playing well over their heads and a move like this seems pretty smart to make that run for the playoffs.

Sharp

The thing about this is that its F.P. saying it and it was meant to be a joke.
Well yeah, obviously nobody takes F.P. seriously, but he says completely inane things like this all the time. It makes me smile that for once the Nats are actually gaining attendance and the Phillies are losing it, but the actual words that came out of F.P.'s mouth didn't make any sense and aren't really funny.

So glad Matheny decided to use one of our two usable bullpen arms in a blowout loss. Especially with a day game the next day.

LOL at still leading the majors in run differential after a 15-0 loss though :[

McNei1y

FP is cool. I miss his night time radio show in SF :/

Yea I really like FP. He lightens the mood and is much better than Bob Carpenter. Actually, he makes Bob Carpenter easier to listen to. He cracks jokes like that every night. It's much better than it has been in the past.

Sharp

Yea I really like FP. He lightens the mood and is much better than Bob Carpenter. Actually, he makes Bob Carpenter easier to listen to. He cracks jokes like that every night. It's much better than it has been in the past.
You guys really like FP? I mean yeah, he's better than Carpenter in that he can actually provide some insightful analysis sometimes, but mostly he's pretty ordinary and I don't find him all that funny. When I'm not at the games I usually end up listening on the radio to avoid listening to the two of them (more Carpenter than FP, I'll admit).

McNei1y

You guys really like FP? I mean yeah, he's better than Carpenter in that he can actually provide some insightful analysis sometimes, but mostly he just makes me groan. When I'm not at the games I usually end up listening on the radio to avoid listening to the two of them (more Carpenter than FP, I'll admit).

Dave and Charlie are who I'd prefer to listen to but I honestly have nothing against Bob and FP. I still can't stand Bob but FP has somehow made Bob a little better... except Bob still sucks at balls in play. I also like how FP can joke around when the mood is right. It at least seems like he's having fun up there and enjoying the team.

That's why I like Ray and Johnny. Ray Knight is a huge fan of the team.

Sharp

Dave and Charlie are who I'd prefer to listen to but I honestly have nothing against Bob and FP. I still can't stand Bob but FP has somehow made Bob a little better... except Bob still sucks at balls in play. I also like how FP can joke around when the mood is right. It at least seems like he's having fun up there and enjoying the team.

That's why I like Ray and Johnny. Ray Knight is a huge fan of the team.
Yeah, I like Ray Knight a lot. The dude should never appear on television though.

McNei1y

Yeah, I like Ray Knight a lot. The dude should never appear on television though.

Hahaha I agree. I cringe/laugh when during some of his segments. It was funny when Dibble and Ray got into an argument post game. I think Ray should do something with the team if a spot opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom