• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Sox just brought back Scott Podsednik on a major league deal. The Red Sox traded Podsednik to the Diamondbacks in the Matt Albers/Craig Breslow swap, but Podsednik was released after refusing to accept an assignment to Class AAA.

dmag1223

Fuck Dusty Baker. Fuck Logan Ondrusek. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck this shitty offense. Fuck our pitchers not being able to hold a lead. Fuck losing 4 in a row to the fucking Brewers and Cubs.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fuck Dusty Baker. Fuck Logan Ondrusek. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck this shitty offense. Fuck our pitchers not being able to hold a lead. Fuck losing 4 in a row to the fucking Brewers and Cubs.

Figured we couldn't keep it up and it would level off. I thought Votto was supposed to be back by now though. I just saw a video of him jetting around the bases last night and he can't fucking play or even just pinch hit? WTF.

dmag1223

Should have traded him for Victorino when you had the chance.

I know hes a garbage pitcher. Dusty is in love with him and his 28/23 strikeout to walk ratio though.

Wait, why the fuck was our pinch hitter Wilson Valdez in that situation? He has a sub .600 OPS. And... he swings at Marmol's first pitch. Get the fuck out of here Dusty and take Cairo and Valdez and Ondrusek with you.

Should have traded him for Victorino when you had the chance.

Lol, you ain't kiddin'! Your strengths become your weaknesses... up is down, good is bad, ketchup on hot dogs, dogs and cats living together-- mass hysteria!

It'll be fun to see how long the Reds can stretch this losing streak... if we lose 10 in a row, Marty gets hair transplants.

TheNatural

My Member!
11 runs in 5 games? You ain't winning shit.

Tough road trip so far, LAWWWWLLL

Shit happens, we just won a ridiculous amount in a row. I'm not going to be fickle over a losing streak when we won about 20 of 23 or so. It will turn itself around, especially with 7 left versus the Cubs the next week plus.

Shit happens, we just won a ridiculous amount in a row. I'm not going to be fickle over a losing streak when we won about 20 of 23 or so. It will turn itself around, especially with 7 left versus the Cubs the next week plus.

Better you lose now than in mid September heading into the post season.

harSon

Banned
wandy has done jack shit

He hasn't been terrible. He gave up 3 runs his first two games, and 4 runs this game, and has gone 6-7 innings deep each start. He's not lighting it up, but he isn't shitting the bed either. He's given us a chance to win every time he's stepped foot on the mound... our offense just hasn't backed him up in two games.

That's positive thinking. Teams get hot, teams get cold. We are seeing this right now. Ideally, you want to do what the Cardinals did: Get hot when it matters.

But, I've come to realize that the reason we watch baseball games is for our favorite players rather than just watching our favorite teams. Votto brought so much excitement to the plate every time he was up... I didn't fully appreciate it. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

jakncoke

Banned
He hasn't been terrible. He gave up 3 runs his first two games, and 4 runs this game, and has gone 6-7 innings deep each start. He's not lighting it up, but he isn't shitting the bed either. He's given us a chance to win every time he's stepped foot on the mound... our offense just hasn't backed him up in two games.

4.73 era for us

Momentum at the end of the regular season doesn't mean anything. The 2006 Cards backed into the playoffs and won it all. The 2011 Rays capped an incredible September comeback by making the playoffs on the last day, went into Arlington to steal game 1...only to lose the next 3 games and get ousted in the first round. The saying "momentum is the next day's starting pitcher" pretty much nails it.

That's positive thinking. Teams get hot, teams get cold. We are seeing this right now. Ideally, you want to do what the Cardinals did: Get hot when it matters.

But, I've come to realize that the reason we watch baseball games is for our favorite players rather than just watching our favorite teams. Votto brought so much excitement to the plate every time he was up... I didn't fully appreciate it. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

This is pretty much the way I feel. It doesn't help that I can't actually watch my favorite team unless I get cable or go to a bar - two things I'm loathe to do.

eznark

Banned
wandy has done jack shit

Figured we couldn't keep it up and it would level off. I thought Votto was supposed to be back by now though. I just saw a video of him jetting around the bases last night and he can't fucking play or even just pinch hit? WTF.

Lol, might as well get the collapse over with early so we can focus on football. Thanks, Reds.

Here comes the Crew!

Puddles

Banned
I think NBA-gaf is the reason why everyone is in the abyss.

NBA-GAF is the best sports thread on this forum, no offense to you gentlemen here.

People just don't get the jokes.

Anyway, I am really digging the Victorino/Ramirez acquisitions. If Kemp starts hitting like he did at the beginning of the season, we might really have a chance. And if Mattingly realizes that he shouldn't keep batting one of his highest OBP guys 8th, we might score even more runs!

Whatever happens this season the #1 priority this offseason has to be a 1B. Loney doesn't cut it. I remember when he came up, and everyone was bashing Nomar Garciaparra for impeding his progress. He actually looked amazing then, batting like .370 with power in AAA. I think he OPSed close to .900 his rookie year, but it's been nothing but downhill from there. I wish we had traded him then.

jakncoke

Banned
NBA-GAF is the best sports thread on this forum, no offense to you gentlemen here.

People just don't get the jokes.

Anyway, I am really digging the Victorino/Ramirez acquisitions. If Kemp starts hitting like he did at the beginning of the season, we might really have a chance. And if Mattingly realizes that he shouldn't keep batting one of his highest OBP guys 8th, we might score even more runs!

Whatever happens this season the #1 priority this offseason has to be a 1B. Loney doesn't cut it. I remember when he came up, and everyone was bashing Nomar Garciaparra for impeding his progress. He actually looked amazing then, batting like .370 with power in AAA. I think he OPSed close to .900 his rookie year, but it's been nothing but downhill from there. I wish we had traded him then.

You guys are great at posting a lot and getting your thread closed, but other than that I dunno.

Talon

There's a shuttle service that goes from a Park & Ride a couple miles West of downtown to & from the field for $5.25 round trip. I've always done that when I go to games. Not sure if you're staying downtown or in the 'burbs, but the shuttle has been awesome every time I went down there. There's a lot of parking ramps downtown, and you can ride the light rail to one of the gates if you don't want to walk. Parking in the Target Center ramp would probably be a pain. Expensive and hard as hell to get out of after an event (it took 45 minutes for me to get out of the ramp after a show downtown once, ugh). There's a pretty handy guide on the Twins' website with all the transportation options which would probably help.

My suggestions when you're there:

• Get seats on the 3rd base side of the field so you can see the downtown skyline.
• Definitely get a Kramarczuk's sausage.
• If you like beer, get something from the Surly cart.
• If you feel like spending extra cash, try to nab Legends Club seats. I got a pair for $35/seat last week. The private concourse & private bathrooms are worth the price of the ticket alone, not to mention the far more comfortable seats and great views.
Thanks Lamb! Was just waiting for you to respond, pretty much. ;)

HeySeuss

This fucking losing streak won't go away easy. We score 10 runs and the Cubs have 5 errors and yet it's still close. And with Chapman having not pitched in so long I'm still nervous.

I feel sorry for Miami tax payers who got bamboozled by the Marlins organization into building a new stadium. Bottom 5 in the league in attendance and once the newness wears off, it's going to get real ugly soon.

aFIGurANT

MLB.tv officially only showing one game (cubs), again. Hopefully they fix their links soon.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong and we're just waiting for the 5:00 MT games to start. The audio links are up still though....

dmag1223

Finally we get a win to stop the bleeding. That wind in wrigley was a joke though. The players didnt even know where the ball was going to land half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom