• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
*Hasn't been watching Nats/Giants game*

*checks boxscore*

*explodes*

Reading it over, that sounds like some of the most extreme BABIP luck I've ever heard of.

Sharp

Okay this game doesn't count anymore, this is just silly. We'll call this an exhibition game and play the real first game of the series tomorrow.

RBH

I went to a Gwinnett Braves game tonight. First time ever going to a minor league game. Probably no more than 1,000 people there.

McNei1y

Aren't they supposed to have Strasberg on innings count for the year? What happens when they make the post season?
It's been announced that he won't pitch in the post season if he reaches his limit.

Damn this game is exciting. Some lucky calls but at least we're cashing in. Hot damn!

He watches from the dugout.

It's been announced that he won't pitch in the post season if he reaches his limit.

Damn this game is exciting. Some lucky calls but at least we're cashing in. Hot damn!

So have him open the season away? Start him as 5th man in rotation and he pitches twice in april. What's the point of this run if he sits? Why not play him less in season. Less innings / pitches etc etc

Almost like they started the season thinking they would suck.

McNei1y

So have him open the season away? Start him as 5th man in rotation and he pitches twice in april. What's the point of this run if he sits? Why not play him less in season. Less innings / pitches etc etc

There's no point but its the FO call. They did the same to Jordan last year. A little bit of me believes they'll say fuck it and pitch him when it gets closer.

clemenx

Banned
Regular season, I can understand. More so when they have a solid lead and 2 other people pitching like aces this season.

No playoffs is indefensible, though.

I feel like this is a really dumb move.

It is. They're too stupid to look a few years down the line when they lose him to free agency. I hope the next team that gets him says "thanks for babying the fuck out of him! He'll pitch 220 innings a year for us for years to come. Oh, and sorry about that World Series you never made it to."

OK...this Dodger fan wants the Giants to score 12 unanswered runs...get it close in the 8th inning...then lose.

Would be best .... game ... ever.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
The baseball Gods will smile upon the babying of Strasburg's golden arm with World Series victory.

His absence sure isn't hurting during this throttling of the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom