• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
A34xL.jpg

Sanjuro: Leave Bobby Alone!

Red Sox are a fucking nightmare. Did Tito even manage these guys or did they just do what they want for years? Joyless bunch of losers, I hope they keep Bobby V next year and these guys just break down on the field crying like little babies.

In honor of the Royals being basement dwellers again, I thought I'd post this. My younger brother (guy on the left) won some dough on a cheesy video contest MLB runs.

Royal Blue!

My favorite was his answer for "What horse-like animal has black and white stripes?" Wow.

sangreal

Lol Red Sox

It would seem inevitable that Bobby is going to lose this fight but damn it'd be awesome to see what'd happen if he didn't. Hilarious how the 2 biggest reasons the Red Sox suck this year are the ones trying to throw Bobby under the bus.

Adrian Gonzalez, texting on behalf of himself and some teammates, aired their dissatisfaction with Valentine for embarrassing starting pitcher Jon Lester by leaving him in to allow 11 runs during a July 22 start.

:lol, of all the shit THIS is what they get upset about? man the fuck up and throw the ball (without sucking, like you have all season). AJ Burnett's entire season line was ruined because he was left in to throw 12 runs in 2 or so innings and do you see him crying? That knocked him out of cy young territory (he would have a 2.5 ERA with the second most wins in the NL)

Is there any other group of players or front office that cry to the press as much as the sox? Bet they wish they hadn't thrown Francona under the bus now

whatever. :cnb

jman2050

:lol, of all the shit THIS is what they get upset about? man the fuck up and throw the ball (without sucking, like you have all season). AJ Burnett's entire season line was ruined because he was left in to throw 12 runs in 2 or so innings and do you see him crying? That knocked him out of cy young territory (he would have a 2.5 ERA with the second most wins in the NL)

Is there any other group of players or front office that cry to the press as much as the sox? Bet they wish they hadn't thrown Francona under the bus now

whatever. :cnb

What you're seeing is the difference between the effect of the New York media (assholes who constantly and many times unfairly shit on the local teams for any multitude of reasons) and the effect of the Boston media (tow the company line whenever possible).

sangreal

Ben Cherington said:
The intent of the meeting was to provide a forum for people to express whatever frustration needed to be expressed at a time during the season when things were not going exactly the way we wanted to on the field in hopes that we could put whatever issues were there aside and focus on playing games the rest of the season. That was the intent of the meeting. That was the focus of ownership. It was a productive meeting.

"Since then, we have not gone on the run we were supposed to."

lolol

What you're seeing is the difference between the effect of the New York media (assholes who constantly and many times unfairly shit on the local teams for any multitude of reasons) and the effect of the Boston media (tow the company line whenever possible).
This is definitely true of the beat writers in Boston, they don't say shit (unless it's way after the fact). Every outsider that goes to the clubhouse says it's the worst bunch of crybabies, losers, etc., while the beat writers just hum along and act like all is well. This team is a bunch of clowns, and I'm sure we'll get some nice breakdown in November after Bobby V is scapegoated, but none of the beat writers dare talk now for fear of not being able to sniff the jocks of Pedroia et al.

jman2050

I love the last line. Yes, a productive meeting will overcome the fact that half your roster was and is still injured, many of your best players are have subpar seasons, and there's six weeks left in the season to leapfrog at least four different teams for the CHANCE to enter the playoffs.

Chris Young, an extreme flyball pitcher, pitching in Great American Ballpark... and it's humid.

Yeah it's been a heart attack every inning watching this dude pitch.

harSon

Banned
I really dislike Barmes and Barajas. They're about as big as inning killers as you can be...

Edit: Freaking Correia looks more at home at the plate than Barmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom