• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

I kind of feel weird asking this question, but assuming he moves up the ranks pretty quickly, where would he play exactly?

That's my exact question. I mean... maybe 1b and just have Morse stay in LF for next year? Can't see any other action taken. It's a problem but a good problem to have.

Sharp

That's my exact question. I mean... maybe 1b and just have Morse stay in LF for next year? Can't see any other action taken. It's a problem but a good problem to have.
From what I hear he's a premium defensive 3B, though. Would it not be a waste keeping him at 1B? I wonder what we could get for him.

McNei1y

From what I hear he's a premium defensive 3B, though. Would it not be a waste keeping him at 1B? I wonder what we could get for him.

He definitely is. But his bat is his strongest attribute so they can really put him anywhere. IMO, I'd try to send Danny off and have him play 2b... then again that possibly creates a hole since Rendon isn't proven. Not sure what Rendon could net because of his injuries but since his return he has been tearing it up. I don't know! So many options right now but I already like Rendon's potential over a lot of our guys. I mean a high avg, high homer guy is something I want to keep!

Also, shark week.

Sharp

Gorzo better get out of this quick or the final score might not be totally embarrassing, which would kind of be embarrassing in itself

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays win 7 in a row! Yay! Evan Longoria return effect in action even while he takes the day off.

Fernando Rodney lowers his season ERA to 0.82. Crazy.

I guess that post game meeting with the club didn't help Mikey out tonight...

Cashman- how many Catchers the Rangers are carrying right now. I saw Torry got his papers and Naps went the DL. Who's catching besides Soto?

cashman

Banned
I guess that post game meeting with the club didn't help Mikey out tonight...

Cashman- how many Catchers the Rangers are carrying right now. I saw Torry got his papers and Naps went the DL. Who's catching besides Soto?

They just called up Luis Martinez to be the back up for now. He'll probably stay up for the rest of the year at this point.

harSon

Banned
Thank God! Hurdle is making the decision he should have made a week or two ago. Burnett will be starting in place of McDonald on Thursday to give him some rest. Hopefully he can get his head straight...

Dayton Moore!

I'm hoping that the Jays find some Braves cast-off and trade him for Johnny Giavotella. They'll need second base help after this season, and you know Moore must be frustrated having so many prospects/so few veterans...

Mets have acquired Kelly Shoppach from the Red Sox in exchange for a PTBNL.
yes.gif

Shoppach signed a one-year, $1.35 million contract with the Red Sox this past winter – he can become a free agent after the season
Can you say... SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN?
Frankman were you in Philly today? I saw a black truck with a Japanese baseball sticker on the back and a Mets sticker.
... Japanese baseball? THE FUCK?

MLB all the way mofo.

Sanjuro

Brewers were supposedly interested in him at the deadline.

He really grew on me, not being a fan of him at first in opposition to Saltalamacchia. The entire position is fairly weak in the game right now. Shoppach is an excellent backup and has the chops to be an every day if needed.

eznark

Banned
He really grew on me, not being a fan of him at first in opposition to Saltalamacchia. The entire position is fairly weak in the game right now. Shoppach is an excellent backup and has the chops to be an every day if needed.

The Brewers have two everyday catchers. I think they just wanted Shoppach so they could send down Maldonado for the rest of the year and let him play everyday and get at bats.

Sanjuro

The Brewers have two everyday catchers. I think they just wanted Shoppach so they could send down Maldonado for the rest of the year and let him play everyday and get at bats.

We did the opposite. Lavarnway is staying up and looking to get him more playing time at the bigs. Not saying the Brewers were the best destination, just I'm sure there was probably league wide interest in claiming him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lol Red Sox

Gonzalez and Dustin Pedroia were among the most vocal in the meeting, in which some players stated flatly they no longer wanted to play for Valentine, the sources said. The tenor of the 2 p.m. meeting at The Palace hotel in New York turned ugly almost immediately, according to the sources, whom Yahoo! Sports granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about internal matters.

Not all of the Red Sox players attended the meeting, the sources said, highlighting the chasm that exists not only between some players and Valentine but among players in the clubhouse. The perception that Valentine is being scapegoated unfairly to divert attention from mediocre performances by star players exists among some players, according to sources.

It would seem inevitable that Bobby is going to lose this fight but damn it'd be awesome to see what'd happen if he didn't. Hilarious how the 2 biggest reasons the Red Sox suck this year are the ones trying to throw Bobby under the bus.

eznark

Banned
y-lucchino-john-henry-adrian-gonzalez-.html"]Lol Red Sox[/URL][URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bobby-valentine-red-sox-mutiny-text-dustin-pedroia-larr

It would seem inevitable that Bobby is going to lose this fight but damn it'd be awesome to see what'd happen if he didn't. Hilarious how the 2 biggest reasons the Red Sox suck this year are the ones trying to throw Bobby under the bus.

Shocking that Pedroia is unable to stand tall and be a man about his shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom