• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blearth

Banned
You gotta stand and take off your hat for God Bless America in Yankee Stadium? That's nuts.

They play it with no introduction at AT&T Park. I think it lasts about 15 seconds.

harSon

Banned
I'm seriously contemplating cutting myself.

I thought this was the season.... we were 16 games over .500 for fucks sake. And you're going to do THIS to me Pirates? Fuck this franchise.

harSon

Banned
Steelers start soon...

I'm coming off a season of chokes after chokes.

Steelers look dominant until Roethlisberger goes down with a high ankle sprain, and then we lose in the Wild Card round to fucking Tebow on the first throw of overtime.

Penguins look hot heading into the playoffs, with Crosby returning and Geno beasting, and then get rolled in the opening round by the freaking Flyers.

And now the Pirates not only look like they're going to break their 19 losing season streak, and not succumb to a 2nd half collapse, but they look like they might make the playoffs with their record of 16 games over .500.

But no, they want to raw dog their fans for the 20th season in a row.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm coming off a season of chokes after chokes.

Steelers look dominant until Roethlisberger goes down with a high ankle sprain, and then we lose in the Wild Card round to fucking Tebow on the first throw of overtime.

Penguins look hot heading into the playoffs, with Crosby returning and Geno beasting, and then get rolled in the opening round by the freaking Flyers.

And now the Pirates not only look like they're going to break their 19 losing season streak, and not succumb to a 2nd half collapse, but they look like they might make the playoffs with their record of 16 games over .500.

But no, they want to raw dog their fans for the 20th season in a row.

We'll finish above .500, but playoff hopes are fading

baseball-bugs.jpg

WHAM, A HOMER
WHAM, ANOTHER HOMER

Davey said Desmond could be activated Friday. He's coming back way too soon from that injury. Probably will be like August/September '11 McCann when he came back too early from the oblique.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Davey said Desmond could be activated Friday. He's coming back way too soon from that injury. Probably will be like August/September '11 McCann when he came back too early from the oblique.

McCann is a fat catcher, though.

Desmond might be a fast healer. He was playing with that strained oblique for months at an All-Star level.

If he does get re-injured, it's more likely to be bad luck than because he rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom