• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemtae

I just got back home from work. I see we're giving up a fair few players I don't mind parting with except for A-Gon but what are we getting in return?

I just got back home from work. I see we're giving up a fair few players I don't mind parting with except for A-Gon but what are we getting in return?

James Loney and Rubby de la Rosa are confirmed. Three other players are involved. Zach Lee, Jerry Sands, Ivan De Jesus, Allen Webster also rumored.

Deal is supposedly done. They are waiting for no-trade waives from Crawford and Beckett. Supposedly, they have two deals in place: one with and one without Crawford involved.

Whoa if I'm reading this right the Dodgers are about to have some HUGE contracts on their backs

Dat TV deal.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly can't believe the Red Sox pulled this off. Has to be such a great day for their fans.

Getting ANYTHING back from the Dodgers are just cherries on top of the sundae.

Bobby V wins.

Deweytruman12.jpg

So this has to top the Angels trade for Vernon Wells on the stupidity chart, right?

Tony Reagins just breathed a sigh of relief.

What will the Dodgers payroll look like after this deal gets done

Cots has them at $103M for 2013 before this trade and any other FA or arb-eligible guys. Also doesn't include the $13.5M Ethier is going to make once his extension kicks in. Gonzalez/Crawford/Beckett/Punto would push them over $185M. Insanity over there. "Go for it now" would be putting it lightly.

As a Red Sox fan, I'm pretty stoked. Gonzalez will be a huge absence but then again, you simply never see these kinds of opportunities come along. A chance for a team to dump so much salary so easily. Still can't believe this went down. Highlight of the season (yeah, that isn't saying much, but still).

And best of all, Punto is gone. I can now go back to making fun of him without having to endure the painful fact that he's on the team I root for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom