• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's the package of players:

RED SOX GET:
IF Ivan De Jesus
RHP Rubby De La Rosa
1B James Loney
OF Jerry Sands
RHP Allen Webster

DODGERS GET:
RHP Josh Beckett
OF Carl Crawford
1B Adrian Gonzalez
IF Nick Punto

Still waiting on medical reviews and no-trade waives.

hemtae

Can't pitch for shit, can't hit for shit and error every chance we get. I don't see us even going .500 at this rate...

Having you guys end up below .500 would warm my heart. Somebody else must be horribly depressed to make this season worth it. Does that make me a terrible terrible person?

RED SOX GET:
IF Ivan De Jesus
RHP Rubby De La Rosa
1B James Loney
OF Jerry Sands
RHP Allen Webster

DODGERS GET:
RHP Josh Beckett
OF Carl Crawford
1B Adrian Gonzalez
IF Nick Punto

This is a dream come true. I'd like to thank Bobby V., our greatest offseason acquisition, for making this happen.

rando14

Ok Magic- Crawford, Ethier, Gordon for King Felix...Lets do this...

Waiting for the LOL's now

g2vy

Sanjuro

RED SOX GET:
IF Ivan De Jesus
RHP Rubby De La Rosa
1B James Loney
OF Jerry Sands
RHP Allen Webster

DODGERS GET:
RHP Josh Beckett
OF Carl Crawford
1B Adrian Gonzalez
IF Nick Punto

That seems too good to be true.

harSon

Banned
These games seemingly all go the same way. Starting pitcher gives up early runs, and then settles down until about the 6th inning. We will chip away at the early lead, leaving tons of baserunners stranded in the process, and once we've finally closed the gap or taken the lead (6th/7th inning), Hurdle will leave our pitcher in the game one batter to many and allow a huge inning that could have been prevented. From that point on, our bats cool off, and our bullpen will suck.

Oh, and Barajas and Barmes will suck at the plate, going 0-4/0-5 and giving up a double play each.

I could see Beckett give the middle finger to management and not waive his 10/5 rights

I don't think talks would've progressed this far unless he had given the "OK" previously. Wouldn't make any sense for him to stay in Boston, anyways. He'll go straight from a sinking ship to a pennant race, get the chance to pitch against weaker offenses in more pitcher-friendly parks, and he'll be closer to his home in Texas.

I fully expect him to bounce back to some extent against NL West competition, but there's no chance of that happening if he were to stay in the AL East.

Getting Gonzo I understand. The dude can still rake and is probably just in a funk. Being back in SoCal will probably work wonders for him. I dont get why the dodgers need or want Becket and especially Crawford though. They are blowing up their farm for them? Guess the Sox wouldn't have traded Adrian by himself.

Dodgers REALLY wanted support behind Kemp.

It ain't got nothing to do with Becket or Crawford.

Still...Beckett is better than Blanton. At worst, Dodgers are paying 16 million for a quality #4 or #5 starter that is better than the #5 they have now.

Webster, De La Rosa. Sands has power. Ivan will prob get playing time now

Not in the majors. Minors he's pretty good.

Dodgers batting lineup...

Victorino
Ellis
Kemp
Gonzalez
Ramirez
Ethier

Cruz (dude probably best contact hitter on the team right now)
Ellis
(pitcher)

Pitching rotation

Kershaw
Bills
Capuano
Beckett
Harang

Donny better be able to win the west with that.

Kuroyume

Banned
The Dodgers are retarded. Josh Beckett who is clubhouse poison and ineffective more often than not? Carl Crawford who was overpaid and just had surgery? Really? How do these NL east teams (looking at NY and now Boston) always somehow manage to get off awful contracts? Meanwhile the Mets are stuck still paying off players who haven't played in years and are stuck with Jason Bay too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom