• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Man. Wilhelmsen has been shit lately with his control.

Least they made a blow-out interesting at the end.

What a fucking way to end though.

Mariners.

The worst shit happens to the M's in Chicago. So many blown saves there.

rando14

Man. Wilhelmsen has been shit lately with his control.

Least they made a blow-out interesting at the end.

What a fucking way to end though.

Mariners.

The worst shit happens to the M's in Chicago. So many blown saves there.

Bad luck if anything. M's should have had two outs with no runs scored. Even if a run scores, that catch by Thames (he lost ball after having possession after seeing the replay, so it was an out) would have made it three.

But credit where it's due, Sox really banged up Wilhelmsen, plus they were in command the whole game so they can have it.

Macattk15

Bad luck if anything. M's should have had two outs with no runs scored. Even if a run scores, that catch by Thames (he lost ball after having possession after seeing the replay, so it was an out) would have made it three.

But credit where it's due, Sox really banged up Wilhelmsen, plus they were in command the whole game so they can have it.

Yeah I hear ya. Tom has been real shaky the past 3 outings though. That bases loaded save in Safeco being the one before this one.

Man, what a game. At least they lost on a play where two guys were giving it all they had and created a new fucking particle with their massive collision.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This might actually be worse than a Paul DePodesta trade.

Only thing I remember about DePodesta was when Dodgers fans lost their shit because DePodesta traded Paul Lo Duca. Dude won that trade so bad yet everybody ripped him anyway.

Honestly its pretty hilarious that he basically got fired because of hacks like Bill Plaschke and moronic fans eating his shit up. Just looking back at his track record and there was no justification to him being fired as early as he was axed other than him being a "nerd".

jman2050

Heh, so they actually gave Thames the out on that play but it didn't matter cause Wise tagged up.

Or at least that's how I understand it.

Puddles

Banned
Nothing can approach Lebron territory. Not even Kobe.

You don't understand. I basically hate three things in this world. LeBron James, Adrian Beltre, and J.D. Drew. Pagan is closing in on that top spot.

Edit: I guess I hate four things if you count Skyler White from Breaking Bad, but she's fictional.

You don't understand. I basically hate three things in this world. LeBron James, Adrian Beltre, and J.D. Drew. Pagan is closing in on that top spot.

Edit: I guess I hate four things if you count Skyler White from Breaking Bad, but she's fictional.

Your trolling of The BB thread is of epic proportions.

Puddles

Banned
Question: suppose you hit a homer, a triple, and a double in a game, and you've got one more AB coming up. But in your last AB, you hit the ball all the way to the corner wall. Can you just stop at first and have that count as a single so that you've hit for the cycle?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Question: suppose you hit a homer, a triple, and a double in a game, and you've got one more AB coming up. But in your last AB, you hit the ball all the way to the corner wall. Can you just stop at first and have that count as a single so that you've hit for the cycle?

Sure, you could, but then you'd be an idiot, and probably get benched the next day.

Seguin

Banned

Sure, but that's like Ricky Davis shooting on his own hoop to get a rebound for a triple-double. Big time douche move.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

It really depends on the season and the game. If you're really far ahead, why not? If you're season is decided, why not? If you're losing in a game that matters then it really depends on the coaching staff, they know this is a special event and they might be willing to risk the game for it.

Seguin

Banned
It really depends on the season and the game. If you're really far ahead, why not? If you're season is decided, why not? If you're losing in a game that matters then it really depends on the coaching staff, they know this is a special event and they might be willing to risk the game for it.

No, it's never ok to do it. Plus, hitting a homerun, triple, and 2 doubles is better than a cycle anyway...

Meier

The Dodgers taking on that Crawford deal would be absolutely insane. I don't mind taking on Beckett because I think he could turn it around yet and at least he's only signed for a few more years..

Puddles

Banned
So Angel Pagan is a 31 year old career journeyman who has managed to do everything possible to fuck the Dodgers' playoff chances in August this year. I didn't realize he was that old, or that his career had been so uneventful until now. That's pretty amazing, actually.

MC Safety

This must be what it feels like to be a Mets fan. I understand now.

I highly recommend "Can't Anybody Here Play This Game?" by Jimmy Breslin. It's about the 1962 Mets, but its sentiment is universal.

One of my favorite quotes from the book:

"'I've been a Mets fan all my life.'

"Nearly everybody was saying it by mid-June. And nearly everybody had a good reason for saying it. You see, the Mets are losers, like nearly everybody else in life. This is a team for the cab driver who gets held up and the guy who loses out on a promotion because he didn't maneuver himself to lunch with boss enough. It is the team for every guy who has to get out of bed in the morning and go to work for short money on a job he does not like. And it is the team for every woman who looks up ten years later and sees her husband eating dinner in a T-shirt and wonders how the hell she ever let this guy talk her into getting married. The Yankees? Who the does well enough to root for them, Laurence Rockefeller?"

Puddles

Banned
Yeah I wasn't down with the Crawford trade.

I'd much rather we just re-signed Victorino. At this point, he's better than Crawford in every way.

I wonder if taking on Crawford was the ONLY way to get A-Gon. The Red Sox wouldn't have done it to get rid of Beckett?

Seguin

Banned
The Dodgers taking on that Crawford deal would be absolutely insane. I don't mind taking on Beckett because I think he could turn it around yet and at least he's only signed for a few more years..

Sorry man but Beckett is busted goods. His velocity is down like 2 MPH over last year. A guy like him throwing a 91 MPH fastball is not good.

I'd much rather we just re-signed Victorino. At this point, he's better than Crawford in every way.

I wonder if taking on Crawford was the ONLY way to get A-Gon. The Red Sox wouldn't have done it to get rid of Beckett?
They're pretty dead set at this point in making sure whoever wants A-Gon also gets damaged goods in the process. I don't think we can get this deal remade without Crawford in it. It's basically A-Gon + Crawford or nothing at all.

cashman

Banned
Beltre is awesome
tumblr_m9afcsQlNh1rsuhpmo2_1280.jpg

Meier

Sorry man but Beckett is busted goods. His velocity is down like 2 MPH over last year. A guy like him throwing a 91 MPH fastball is not good.

Even if he is, we'd only have him for another 2 years at most and getting rid of Loney while getting Gonzalez would be worth it. Taking on Crawford is absolutely insane though. It's a non-starter if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom