• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

The answer is Cliff Lee, BTW. Hopefully you guys weren't not guessing him because it was "too easy" like Windu said. Personally I had not realized he'd been anywhere near that good.

Toth

This is exactly why the Yankees will not win this year and will probably be gone in the first round: they cannot get the job done when it matters. Jeter ties the game and for what?

The Cubs have signed Starlin Castro to a 7-year, $60 million extension.

-- $6 million signing bonus

2013: $5 million
2014: $5 million
2015: $6 million
2016: $7 million
2017: $9 million
2018: $10 million
2019: $11 million

-- 2020 club option worth $16 million with a $1 million buyout.

-- If Castro finishes at least 5th in MVP voting at least twice, his 2019 guarantee will increase to $13 million and his 2020 club option will increase to $18 million.

RBH

So you're saying it's going to be Chipper?

image.php

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I still don't understand why Cory Gearrin wasn't called back up. I think he had already been down long enough for whatever that time limit between call ups is. He was pitching really well.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
The Cubs have signed Starlin Castro to a 7-year, $60 million extension.

-- $6 million signing bonus

2013: $5 million
2014: $5 million
2015: $6 million
2016: $7 million
2017: $9 million
2018: $10 million
2019: $11 million

-- 2020 club option worth $16 million with a $1 million buyout.

-- If Castro finishes at least 5th in MVP voting at least twice, his 2019 guarantee will increase to $13 million and his 2020 club option will increase to $18 million.

Oh, what a terrible way to end a career.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I still don't understand why Cory Gearrin wasn't called back up. I think he had already been down long enough for whatever that time limit between call ups is. He was pitching really well.

I think they wanted to use Batista as long relief backup during the 6-man thing, but that's over now so... I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom