• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ
Source: ESPN's MLB deal virtually gets rid of blackouts for ESPN games. Currently, ESPN's Mon/Wed games are blacked out in home markets.

I would be so happy if this happened. Bard might be a headcase at this point, but Farrell's a lousy manager. I don't see why the Red Sox would do it, though...why trade someone who could still return to form in exchange for a manager they could just get at the end of 2013? One more year or Bobby Valentine (or whoever) isn't going to kill them.

Farrell is fine as Manager, the Red Sox can keep that shitfest Bard.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ken Rosenthal floating the possibility of Dusty Baker to the Braves. Windu et al, might want to cool it on the "fire Fredi" tip!
oh god and he is a former brave too so it is likely to happen.

*takes RBH's lighter and lights penis on fire*

It sounds like it was the Dodgers who claimed him, prior to their deal with Boston.

More than likely. There's also stuff going around that the Dodgers contacted the Yankees about C.C. Sabathia and Mark Teixeira before the Boston deal. New York said "Not interested."

BFIB

More than likely. There's also stuff going around that the Dodgers contacted the Yankees about C.C. Sabathia and Mark Teixeira before the Boston deal. New York said "Not interested."

I'm just going to assume that anyone who had a claim put on them and then pulled back was from the Dodgers.

sangreal

John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ
Source: ESPN's MLB deal virtually gets rid of blackouts for ESPN games. Currently, ESPN's Mon/Wed games are blacked out in home markets.

This has always been the least of the problems with the blackout policy. Those games are simulcast for the local market anyway

So I heard earlier on WFAN that the Dodgers inquired about CC Sabathia and Mark Texiera prior to the big trade they made..

The Dodgers have lost their fucking mind.

sangreal

It would hurt to lose CC in the short term but they could have freed up a ton of money to go and replace those guys with younger guys.

It would more than hurt. The Yankees are in first place and need CC to contend. A midseason salary dump would be ridiculous. I could see it making more sense in the offseason if the Yankees got Hamels or something. I would rather keep CC though

Regardless, CC has a full no-trade and he wants to finish his career in NY which is why he took an extension over opting-out in the first place. He isn't going anywhere

Guillermo Mota is back from his 100-game suspension. He is in the Giants bullpen for tonight's game. Jeremy Affeldt was placed on the Paternity Leave list.

One more drug test failure and Mota will be suspended for life.

Bad day for Blue Jays fans.

Their first round pick in this year's draft, Marcus Stroman, failed a drug test for synthetic testosterone. Suspended 50 games/

Jose Bautista is having surgery on wrist and is done for the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays prospect Josh Sale was suspended 50 games for meth.

The next Josh Hamilton?

He's the 4th Rays A-ball player to be suspended for methamphetamine and amphetamine in the last week.

Evidently everybody in A-ball is on meth. And not just the ones that play in Bakersfield.

Bad day for Blue Jays fans.

Their first round pick in this year's draft, Marcus Stroman, failed a drug test for synthetic testosterone. Suspended 50 games/

Jose Bautista is having surgery on wrist and is done for the season.

Worst. Season. Ever.*

*(Except for possibly 1988, but that was the year before I got into baseball, so I don't count that.)

Braves lineup. Uggla FINALLY shoved down to 8th.

1. Michael Bourn - CF
2. Martin Prado - SS
3. Jason Heyward - RF
4. Chipper Jones - 3B
5. Freddie Freeman - 1B
6. Reed Johnson - LF
7. Brian McCann - C
8. Dan Uggla - 2B
9. Kris Medlen - P

ESPN reporting Davey Johnson and Mike Rizzo got into a heated argument in the Nats clubhouse after they were swept by the Phillies on Sunday. Rizzo bitched out the team for playing sloppy and Davey got in his face to defend his players. Rizzo later apologized for being too emotional.

Fenix

Worst. Season. Ever.*

*(Except for possibly 1988, but that was the year before I got into baseball, so I don't count that.)
I was too young to remember the 1988 season, being a year old at the time, but looking at the standings... doesn't seem that bad to me. What happened? I know '87 was the real gut-punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom