• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from the new Yankee Stadium. It was really nice, liked the open concourse. not as loud as old stadium though. Great game tonite.

Sharp

I still can't get over the fact that this (1) exists, (2) someone thought it was a good idea, (3) was among the first search results for Joe Beimel

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR AUGUST 27

**NOTE: The Diamondbacks are now under .500 so they're off the tracker. Games vs. +.500 teams have been adjusted accordingly. Giants benefit from this the most as they still have 9 games left against the D'Backs this season.**

American League

-- Yankees lead over the Orioles in the AL East decreased to 3.5 games (Orioles moved into second place)
-- Yankees lead over the Rays in the AL East remained at 4.0 games

-- White Sox lead over the Tigers in the AL Central decreased to 2.0 games

-- Rangers lead over the Athletics in the AL West remained at 5.5 games
-- Rangers lead over the Angels in the AL West increased to 10.0 games

-- Athletics and Orioles are now tied for AL Wild Card #1 and #2
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Rays in AL Wild Card #2 increased to 0.5 game
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Tigers in AL Wild Card #2 decreased to 1.0 game
-- Athletics/Orioles lead over Angels in AL Wild Card #2 increased to 4.5 games

REMAINING GAMES:
Yankees - 34 (17 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
White Sox - 35 (18 away, 17 home, 2 off-days / 17 vs. +.500)
Rangers - 34 (19 away, 15 home, 3 off-days / 18 vs. +.500)
Rays - 34 (18 away, 16 home, 3 off-days / 21 vs. +.500)
Athletics - 35 (21 away, 14 home, 2 off-days / 23 vs. +.500)
Orioles - 35 (18 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 19 vs. +.500)
Tigers - 35 (19 away, 16 home, 2 off-days / 14 vs. +.500)
Angels - 34 (15 away, 19 home, 3 off-days / 20 vs. +.500)

National League

-- Nationals lead over Braves in the NL East increased to 5.0 games

-- Reds lead over the Cardinals in the NL Central remained at 6.0 games
-- Reds lead over the Pirates in the NL Central increased to 9.0 games

-- Giants lead over the Dodgers in the NL West increased to 2.5 games

-- Braves lead over the Cardinals in NL Wild Card #1 decreased to 1.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Dodgers in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 2.5 games
-- Cardinals lead over Pirates in NL Wild Card #2 increased to 3.0 games

REMAINING GAMES:
Nationals - 35 (14 away, 21 home, 2 off-days / 13 vs. +.500)
Reds - 32 (18 away, 14 home, 5 off-days / 12 vs. +.500)
Giants - 34 (18 away, 16 home, 3 off-days / 6 vs. +.500)
Braves - 33 (17 away, 16 home, 4 off-days / 6 vs. +.500)
Cardinals - 34 (19 away, 15 home, 3 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
Dodgers - 33 (16 away, 17 home, 4 off-days / 16 vs. +.500)
Pirates - 34 (17 away, 17 home, 3 off-days / 11 vs. +.500)

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY:

AL Wild Card Game: Orioles @ Athletics

NL Wild Card Game: Cardinals @ Braves

NLDS Game 1: Nationals @ Braves or Cardinals
NLDS Game 1: Giants @ Reds

ALDS Game 1: Rangers @ Athletics or Orioles
ALDS Game 1: White Sox @ Yankees

Holy fuck at King Felix. Leads the league in ERA AND innings pitched. RESPECT.

The most amazing part to me is that his velocity has been down this year compared to years past. He's turned into a complete pitcher with command AND stuff. He's easily my favourite pitcher to watch so far this year. Only Strasburg comes close in entertainment value IMO.

The most amazing part to me is that his velocity has been down this year compared to years past. He's turned into a complete pitcher with command AND stuff. He's easily my favourite pitcher to watch so far this year. Only Strasburg comes close in entertainment value IMO.
nyc_mlb_100530_dickey.jpg

eznark

Banned
The nice thing about Dickey is that you get to watch him all season long. When is Strasburg scheduled to start 30 games, 2020?

Sharp

The nice thing about Dickey is that you get to watch him all season long. When is Strasburg scheduled to start 30 games, 2020?
He's already started 25 games this year and he should have at least four more before he's shut down, so I don't think you'll have to wait too long. Honestly his workload this year isn't particularly light for a young pitcher coming off TJ surgery, if the Nats weren't in contention it would pretty much be a nonstory.

eznark

Banned
Ken Rosenthal floating the possibility of Dusty Baker to the Braves. Windu et al, might want to cool it on the "fire Fredi" tip!

Buster Olney.

Speculation. Blue Jays should trade John Farrell for Daniel Bard.

:jnc

I would be so happy if this happened. Bard might be a headcase at this point, but Farrell's a lousy manager. I don't see why the Red Sox would do it, though...why trade someone who could still return to form in exchange for a manager they could just get at the end of 2013? One more year or Bobby Valentine (or whoever) isn't going to kill them.

Sanjuro

Trading Bard for that would be one of the most foolish deals in history, even if he is still a headcase.

Worse than the Dodgers.

Doogdogg

ESPN Secures MLB Rights In Eight-Year, $5.6B Deal
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2012/08/28/ESPN-MLB.aspx

The eight-year deal is worth $5.6B (an average of $700M per year), approximately doubling the nearly $306M ESPN currently pays MLB every year for domestic TV rights. The new deal adds in digital, international and radio, for which ESPN is paying MLB around $50M currently, sources said. Sources added the deal will be announced as soon as this afternoon. As part of the deal, which runs through ‘21, ESPN retains the rights to "Sunday Night Baseball," its Monday and Wednesday night games and highlights for "Baseball Tonight."

ESPN also will carry one Wild Card playoff game, sources said. In its current deal, ESPN does not have rights to any MLB playoffs. As part of the deal, ESPN adds more digital rights, the rights to show games in-progress and some radio and international rights. ESPN also picked up rights to carry games featuring more popular teams, like the Yankees and Red Sox, more frequently.

sangreal

At least ESPN has significantly improved their broadcasts, unlike FOX. I just wish they didn't insist on such a shitty TV schedule

They can't be any worse than the current playoff broadcasts

eznark

Banned
At least ESPN has significantly improved their broadcasts, unlike FOX. I just wish they didn't insist on such a shitty TV schedule

They can't be any worse than the current playoff broadcasts

wat

heh, nevermind, I thought I had clicked on the NFL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom