• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

I'm still sad that Hinske's home run against the Giants in Game 3 is going to be forever forgotten because of Conrad and, to a lesser extent, Bobby not sticking with Kimbrel to bring in Mike fucking Dunn against Aubrey Huff with two outs. I've never heard Turner Field louder in my life. I thought the stadium was going to fall apart.

Probably the most electric atmosphere I've ever been apart of at Turner Field.

I've also never felt so baffled/dejected at the end of a game as I did for that.

Probably the most electric atmosphere I've ever been apart of at Turner Field.

I've also never felt so baffled/dejected at the end of a game as I did for that.

It was terrible. On the drive back to Macon, I don't think any of us said anything until about half of the way back.

I was keeping score for the game and when the 9th started, I looked down at the available players and said, "I hate to be that guy, but Conrad's already made two errors. Why is Diory Hernandez not coming in to play 2B for the 9th?"

Sigh.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
It was terrible. On the drive back to Macon, I don't think any of us said anything until about half of the way back.

I was keeping score for the game and when the 9th started, I looked down at the available players and said, "I hate to be that guy, but Conrad's already made two errors. Why is Diory Hernandez not coming in to play 2B for the 9th?"

Sigh.
lol yeah I was screaming about that same thing, why the fuck was Hernandez still on the bench. not to mention all of the other stuff that Cox did. I did give Cox a lot longer leash than gonzalez though, cox was probably just as bad but I loved the dude since I grew up with him managing the team.

Dodgers really need to move Kemp out of CF. Too bad they have a combined $200 million invested in right and left field which would make that impossible.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2012/...on-i-did-not-read-the-label-it-was-a-mistake/

Guillermo Mota answered questions from a few reporters in the Giants’ dugout moments ago and insisted his positive test — for Clenbuterol, a stimulant, which is used to treat asthma but also to build muscle and burn fat — resulted from children’s cough medicine.

“I did not read the label,” he said. “It was a mistake.”

It was Mota’s second offense, thus the 100 games. In 2007, he was suspended 50 games.

The first suspension was caused by steroid use?

“It was,” he said.

Mota said MLB officials “believe me 100 percent” regarding the children’s medicine, and manager Bruce Bochy suggested the Giants are convinced of it.

Was Mota disappointed his appeal was lost if MLB agreed it was nothing more than cough medicine?

“No. because they have their rule, and a rule is a rule,” he said.

“By the way, (point) 001 milligrams in the whole bottle – 001,” Mota said. “So that means nothing. That’s like a drop in a bottle of water. It’s crazy. I paid my price.”

Considering all the stories given by players in the wake of positive tests over the years, Mota was asked what he’d say to Giants fans. Here’s his answer:

“I wasn’t suspended for steroids. I wasn’t taking steroids. That’s one thing. Second thing, I appreciate what they do for me. They support me. They’re great fans. I can see that every game. They’re good fans. They support the Giants. They support me. I want to say thank you for everything.”

Under MLB’s joint drug policy, a third offense warrants a lifetime ban.

“I have to be real careful now because there was a mistake I made,” Mota said. “It’s something I never want to believe I got suspended for that medicine.”

I don't think a non-starter has won Cy in the AL in like 20 years, but I think he's got a shot if he hits >45 or so saves. His ERA is incredible this far into the season.

I think it's Felix's to lose at this point.

Well, ok. There's Price too. And Sale might get a vote or three.

rando14

I think it's Felix's to lose at this point.

Well, ok. There's Price too. And Sale might get a vote or three.

If Price can bounce back after that terrible show, yeah he's definitely got a shot. I think I'll rule Sale out to almost nil, because he's definitely behind Verlander and Weaver, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom