• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
JESUS CHRIST Young has thrown 3 straight foul 3-run homers to Utley. Every pitch was down the middle.

EDIT: Walks Utley. Young has no location at all tonight.

And there's the grand slam for Howard. Knew it was coming, Young has NO location at all tonight and isn't even throwing it as "hard" as he usually does.

Chris Young is so gone next year. Hefner should take his spot.

Sharp

Yeah, I didn't know Ruggiano was leading off. I just heard he hit a homer and saw the score was 2-0.
He actually wasn't leading off, I was being dumb. It was a solo homer though. Carlos Lee doubled and then Suzuki made a fantastically shitty tag attempt and let fatass score on a single by Stanton. Marlins actually have a surprisingly okay offense considering they went on a massive firesale.

He actually wasn't leading off, I was being dumb. It was a solo homer though. Carlos Lee doubled and then Suzuki made a fantastically shitty tag attempt and let fatass score on a single by Stanton.

Yep. Just saw it. Werth made a great throw as usual. No idea what Suzuki was doing. Better shut Strasburg down just in case, though.

At least there won't be a September collapse for the nats, because it's starting in august.

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

Luckily the Braves are what? 3-7 in their last 10?

Yeah, the road trip hasn't been kind. Hopefully they can win these last two against the Padres. Padres are red hot right now.

And the Braves only play 6 games the rest of the season against winning teams and three of those games are against the Pirates. Who knows if they'll still be .500 by then because those are the last three games of the season.

I'm still sad that Hinske's home run against the Giants in Game 3 is going to be forever forgotten because of Conrad and, to a lesser extent, Bobby not sticking with Kimbrel to bring in Mike fucking Dunn against Aubrey Huff with two outs. I've never heard Turner Field louder in my life. I thought the stadium was going to fall apart.

I was too young to remember the 1988 season, being a year old at the time, but looking at the standings... doesn't seem that bad to me. What happened? I know '87 was the real gut-punch.

Crap, you're right, I meant '87. That would've been like a quick punch to the gut. And I do remember being a little sad when they got bounced from the playoffs in '89 and '91. This year, though...this year has just been a constant, agonizing drip. Every time you think their season couldn't get any lower, it does.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm still sad that Hinske's home run against the Giants in Game 3 is going to be forever forgotten because of Conrad and, to a lesser extent, Bobby not sticking with Kimbrel to bring in Mike fucking Dunn against Aubrey Huff with two outs. I've never heard Turner Field louder in my life. I thought the stadium was going to fall apart.
yeah that was a epic high and then epic low within minutes.
Even if Posey never scored in that first game, Brooks Conrad would have given up the game deciding error in extra innings.
:(

(shame that team wasn't even close to being healthy, I thought they would get swept to be honest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom