• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangocube

Banned
He's shown power before, has gotten better every season since '09, and is still near peak age. Not saying he's for sure clean, but if he's dirty, I wouldn't call it obvious.

Yeah I guess. His line this year just looks way too good to be true considering what he's done in the years past. He's on pace for about what, 45 home runs and a .285 average? Lordy.

cashman

Banned
Only Rangers fans would be trying to dump the best SS in baseball.

I don't really want to get rid of him, but I do acknowledge that the Rangers probably won't be able to lock Andrus up long term. It would be pretty nice if he could be the centerpiece in a deal for a David Price or a Justin Upton.

harSon

Banned
No doubt brah. New era of baseball upon us until Selig dies and the Expos comeback.

Can't wait until they get a wild card spot, and in Bay Area like fashion, proceed to choke and get shit on by the other wild card team in the 1 game playoff.

It will be beautiful, and help soften the blow of the Pirates not going .500 for the 20th season in a row.

bjb

Banned
I still don't understand how Melky gets caught, but Edwin Encarnacion is still belting HR's and feeding off HGH.

xbhaskarx

Lol Podsednik out by so much that the ump can't gift the Sox a run like last night... why would you test the arms of our corner outfielders, both Reddick and Cespedes will make you pay

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
As upset as I am with the Cardinals losing, it's always nice to see the Pirates and Braves losing also, so we could more than likely tailspin for about 12 games and still have a game or two placing in the Wild Card.

RBH

I'm still convinced that harSon changing his avatar to McCutchen jinxed the Pirates for the rest of this season.

RBH

Billy Beane and Buck Showalter are going to rule the world.

madcol2s-3-web.jpg

Beautiful game from Iwakuma, he's really developing into an excellent 2nd ace.

He's had a nice little run but it's quite insane to claim he's a legit #2. Unless you mean #2 on the M's, which isn't a #2 on most teams in baseball. He doesn't K enough guys nor has above average control. He's fun to watch though, I'll give you that. I love Japanese players.

<3

Oh, and can we officially say Encarnacion is on something yet? I mean, its pretty damn obvious.

No. Do you always claim a player is on roids when he has a career year? I mean, yea, it's possible, but it's not like he came out of no where. He had a very solid year back in 2008 with the reds and hasn't had a full season worth of healthy AB since.

rando14

He's had a nice little run but it's quite insane to claim he's a legit #2. Unless you mean #2 on the M's, which isn't a #2 on most teams in baseball. He doesn't K enough guys nor has above average control. He's fun to watch though, I'll give you that. I love Japanese players.

Meant #2 on the M's. Eh, he's pitched well lately (pretty much the only one except for Felix), and that's nice for us. Hopefully Vargas can settle down again, and Beaven has some potential if he can settle down too. Millwood needs to go.

Meant #2 on the M's. Eh, he's pitched well lately (pretty much the only one except for Felix), and that's nice for us. Hopefully Vargas can settle down again, and Beaven has some potential if he can settle down too. Millwood needs to go.

He could be a solid back end rotation/swing man when/if Walker/Hulzten/Paxton come up next year. Too bad the M's are in that division. Though it doesn't matter what division they are in when they are running out that lineup everyday.

clemenx

Banned
I don't really want to get rid of him, but I do acknowledge that the Rangers probably won't be able to lock Andrus up long term. It would be pretty nice if he could be the centerpiece in a deal for a David Price or a Justin Upton.

What if he doesn't yield a player like that? Negotiations like that are never easy. I understand the love for Profar but I think Andrus is getting really underrated across the board. And either of those players would probably cost more than Elvis on the long run so the money excuse doesn't make sense. If they trade Andrus I think it better be for a stud prospect.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the best thing from all of these losses is the likelihood of Fredi being fired gets more likely by the day.

cashman

Banned
What if he doesn't yield a player like that? Negotiations like that are never easy. I understand the love for Profar but I think Andrus is getting really underrated across the board. And either of those players would probably cost more than Elvis on the long run so the money excuse doesn't make sense. If they trade Andrus I think it better be for a stud prospect.

I think you underestimate what Elvis is going to be paid when he hits FA.

carlos

the best thing from all of these losses is the likelihood of Fredi being fired is gets more likely by the day.

Yup, I'm still following the games but frankly have stopped caring about if they make the playoffs or not. Wren possibly doesn't get his contract renewed either.

clemenx

Banned
I think you underestimate what Elvis is going to be paid when he hits FA.

Maybe. I don't see him getting top dollar with no power in this day and age.

And I'm assuming Upton gets his head out of his ass and becomes elite. But no way he gets more than Price.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yup, I'm still following the games but frankly have stopped caring about if they make the playoffs or not. Wren possibly doesn't get his contract renewed either.

I haven't watched a game in like 4 days. Granted I've been busy, but I'm just feeling pretty "meh" about the Braves right now.

cashman

Banned
Maybe. I don't see him getting top dollar with no power in this day and age.

And I'm assuming Upton gets his head out of his ass and becomes elite. But no way he gets more than Price.

There's this big spending team, that has an aging HOF shortstop who will probably be retiring right around the time Andrus is a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom