• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.....stopped watching the braves in the 8th, figured no chance. Bummed i missed the comeback. That nats one awhile back made my year

eznark

Banned
Mike Fiers WAR = 3.0

The true Rookie of the Year

Also lol at all you clowns who picked Mesoraco over Cozart pre-season.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Oh BTW, for the people who called me nuts when I said Larry Jones sits fastball 90% of the time and can hit one of any speed out of sight... yeah.

after so many years how to people not know this? Papelbon should've never even thrown a fastball to him, much less miss and throw it inside.
he threw a fastball back to back. First one kinda up and he missed it, which he rarely does.

Considering Dusty Baker just said a few days ago that Frazier is headed to the bench, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harper win it with a good September.

That ain't happening, because with this big lead, they are (wisely) taking their time with Votto. I don't expect him back in the lineup this week, although with Ludwick's bad record against Tuesday's probable starter, tomorrow would be the ideal day to put him back in the lineup.

dmag1223

That ain't happening, because with this big lead, they are (wisely) taking their time with Votto. I don't expect him back in the lineup this week, although with Ludwick's bad record against Tuesday's probable starter, tomorrow would be the ideal day to put him back in the lineup.

People keep saying its won't happen, and Dusty keeps saying it will to reporters. My best guess is Votto will be back in the lineup Wednesday. He's got nowhere else to rehab after today, as the minor league season is over.

People keep saying its won't happen, and Dusty keeps saying it will to reporters. My best guess is Votto will be back in the lineup Wednesday. He's got nowhere else to rehab after today, as the minor league season is over.

I think tomorrow sounds like the day, but ultimately, it depends on how Joey feels. I want him to be fresh and well rested for the playoffs.

Jubs

Good news: Dan Uggla not in the lineup again. Bad news: Fredi's favorite pet, Jose Constanza, is batting second for some reason.

Hopefully the Mets can keep up the momentum and finish the season with a winning record.
That would be nice. Reminds me of Michael Kay on his radio show last week. He said he rather have his team finish third and under .500 than last and above .500 . How does that even make sense.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Good news: Dan Uggla not in the lineup again. Bad news: Fredi's favorite pet, Jose Constanza, is batting second for some reason.
four lefties in a row, oh boy. I hope the braves have a lead when they get to the Rockies bullpen, I assume they have a loogy or two in there.

That would be nice. Reminds me of Michael Kay on his radio show last week. He said he rather have his team finish third and under .500 than last and above .500 . How does that even make sense.

None whatsoever. The Brewers finishing .500 would be my World Series right now. Sad, I know.

Thanks to the Pirates though for helping us make this steady climb!

he threw a fastball back to back. First one kinda up and he missed it, which he rarely does.
He was lulling Paps into a false sense of security.

In fairness, Erik Kratz probably doesn't know Jones well and Paps just came from the American League. Don't the Phils have good scouting reports?

Prior to tomorrow’s game, the Mets will recall IF Jordany Valdespin, RHP Elvin Ramirez, RHP Jeurys Familia, and RHP Jenrry Mejia from Triple-A Buffalo.

In addition, the Mets will select the contracts of LHP Justin Hampson and OF Fred Lewis from Triple-A Buffalo.

To make room on the 40-man roster for Hampson and Lewis, the Mets will transfer C Rob Johnson and LHP Tim Byrdak to the 60-day disabled list.
I am so pumped to see what Familia and Mejia can do.

Greg Zaun just said that the Oakleys players wear these days aren't conducive for outfielders to catch balls that are directly in the sun.......and that flip downs are much better

Can anyone explain this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Shields serious? Being a pouty wuss whining at his 1B instead of running his ass to cover first. Maybe he should stop throwing fastballs down the middle of the plate too.

eznark

Banned
None whatsoever. The Brewers finishing .500 would be my World Series right now. Sad, I know.

Thanks to the Pirates though for helping us make this steady climb!

I doubt it will happen. Fiers clearly has nothing left in the tank (I'm guessing today's disaster will be it for him) and Rodgers has already been shut down. Lord knows who is going to start the rest of these games but I am willing to bet clowns like McClendon get stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom