• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Its intresting that TBS wants the rights with CBS, they want to use the 1990 Theme - CBS gets some cover for October and keeps some of their primetime stable. I feel CBS is trying to keep the league on a lower end...this might be a gateway into NBA rights as well if they are successful with this deal.

In a better world, Comcast should be paying a fuckton of money for MLB rights. Half of the NBC dudes already work on MLBNet, they Already own 25 percent of the network (along with several other cable nets) they have broadcast rights with 6 or 7 of teams. I dont want Fox anywhere NEAR any sort of baseball rights. CBS would treat the franchise as sort of a special deal and would have the announsers from TBS and not from there own side. NBC will give Costas, Micheles, Patrick, Oberman (if they can get him) and can call up anybody from MLBNet.

eznark

Banned
Buck would obviously follow MLB as well. Not like he has some exclusive deal with FOX, he did have that wonderfully successful interview show on HBO.

Sanjuro

Buck would obviously follow MLB as well. Not like he has some exclusive deal with FOX, he did have that wonderfully successful interview show on HBO.

That was possibly the best thing he has ever done. Artie will always be my hero.

I'm not sure about his contract. I'm not sure how much he usually banks either. I would just assume NBC would use some of their in-house personalities, notably Michaels.

Braves starting pitcher Kris Medlen has been named the NL Pitcher of the Month for August. In 5 starts, Medlen was 5-0 with an 0.50 ERA. He struck out 35 as opposed to just 4 walks in 35.2 innings. Opponents only hit .213/.237/.228 off him.

rando14

With a perfect game and a near-perfect month, Mariners ace Felix Hernandez earned American League Pitcher of the Month honors Tuesday for his outstanding August.

Hernandez, 26, went 4-0 with a 1.08 ERA in five August starts, including the first perfect game in Mariners history on Aug. 15 against the Rays.

Hernandez finished first in the league in August in shutouts, ERA and opponents batting average (.137), was tied for first in wins and was third in innings pitched.

Back to back potm for Seattle :cool:

Since joining the Mets last month, Mets catcher Kelly Shoppach has hit .303 with three home runs and nine RBI in 38 at-bats.

So far this season, Josh Thole, Mike Nickeas, and Rob Johnson have combined to hit .222 with two home runs and 36 RBI in 436 at-bats.
amazing.
During yesterday’s broadcast, Gary Cohen said Shoppach has worked to change the approach of the pitching staff, especially that of the bullpen. He said he has worked with them to come inside more – the results down there have been a lot better since that approach has been adjusted. Over their past nine games, the bullpen has allowed just two runs – a span of 26 1/3 innings – and the Mets are 7-2 over that stretch.
Halle-frickin-lujah.

dmag1223

The bad news: Drew Stubbs and Wilson Valdez are hitting 1-2 in tonight's lineup. Go look up some of their numbers for a hearty lol mlb Gaf.

The good news: Votto was placed back on the active roster today. He's getting close...

Roger Clemens told reporters that he is not planning on making an MLB comeback at age 50. "I don't see it happening," Clemens said.

Clemens will make his second start for the independent Sugar Land Skeeters on Friday.

Despite Clemens' denial, there are many that still believe Clemens will pitch for the Houston Astros before the end of the season. The Astros will have scouts watching Clemens' next start. As well, many Astros players have told their friends they think it's already a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom