• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubs

sigh

QXRNi.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Nationals and Orioles are going to win their divisions, and in the same season too. The Mayans were right.

zulux21

thank you indians for beating the tigers again as it doesn't look good for the white sox today... hopefully the white sox game is a really really long one.

zulux21

hehe the twins just got their second 7 run inning... I would be more down but my pitcher walked in the first run so part of me is hoping he gets a loss, nothing angers me more than walking in a run.

edit: make that a 10 run inning now.. 17-4... it would be amazing if the white sox came back... but yeah not likely lol

I'd like to kick in something but.... they would charge me with assault if I kicked in my co-worker's face. and he's not even a baseball fan. he's just a contrarian ass. he also roots for the patriots and the heat so...

Sharp

hehe the twins just got their second 7 run inning... I would be more down but my pitcher walked in the first run so part of me is hoping he gets a loss, nothing angers me more than walking in a run.

edit: make that a 10 run inning now.. 17-4... it would be amazing if the white sox came back... but yeah not likely lol
No team in the long and storied history of major league baseball has ever come back from more than 12 runs down. Not even a team from the 1800's, when the game's rules were significantly different and everyone was dying of consumption. So yeah, not likely.

zulux21

Lol White Sox what the hell.

Also lol@ humber, his perfecto is a distant memory

these games happen from time to time, luckily even if the white sox lose by 20 today the score is reset tomorrow so they just have to get this one over with and come back and win tomorrow. 2 of 3 won't be bad, it was what I was hoping for at least.

and yeah humber sucks after may or so lol

hemtae

This reminds me of how I felt last season. But now we're 12 games below .500 and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost to the Mariners and I couldn't give less of a fuck. This definitely has its perks.

Fenix

How awesome would it be if the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Angels, Phillies and Dodgers all missed the playoffs?

So awesome.

zulux21

No team in the long and storied history of major league baseball has ever come back from more than 12 runs down. Not even a team from the 1800's, when the game's rules were significantly different and everyone was dying of consumption. So yeah, not likely.

well there is always a first time for everything, but yeah, the white sox would have to average 3 runs an inning here on out which won't happen.... it would be super exciting if they could manage to make it a 20-15 game by the end though lol (aka I don't expect the white sox to come back)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Grats to the Orioles and their fan for this amazing achievement.

Enjoy it for the next few days, the Rays will take sole possession of first place soon enough!

Jangocube

Banned
awesome why? you need a villain and the Empire is the hottest ticket in town.

Nope, no villians needed.

Yankees need to stay home and rest their bones.

Grats to the Orioles and their fan for this amazing achievement.

Enjoy it for the next few days, the Rays will take sole possession of first place soon enough!

You guys and the damn A's need to slow down a bit ok? Ok cool, thx

Did you send that link out to people who pm'ed you Frank?

Also LOL at the center fielder for the Snakes. That's some gif material for sure.

zulux21

I remember when the Yankees played the Tigers well during the regular season and we all wished we played them in the playoffs.....
that could easily happen to the white sox as well, but of all the playoff contenders I feel the best chance to win would be against the yankees. I suppose most other teams would be hoping to face the white sox though :p

The best thing about baseball though is nothing is set in stone, even a team that barely makes it to the playoffs can win it all if they get hot :p (especially if the opposing team plays like the 2006 tigers :/ I still stand that the cards didn't win that series, the tigers threw it away with their absolute horrid play lol)

This. Although, I want to start a Kickstarter to send Joba another trampoline.

you're welcome to him.

The real evil empire. I need O's or Yanks.

bring back Palmeiro, Anderson adn Alomar!

The best part in any story is when the villain falls.

Also, what Sanjuro said. Fuckin' Rays, man.

we still have the wild card.... but the way the team is built now they'd only embarras themselves.... :( hey, were's the rest of the council?

Joes post game conference is on. Hightlights-

"We gotta hit."
"It's hard to win when you don't hit."
"We're not getting the job done."
"He had a good changeball. (in regards to TB pitcher)"
"I'm not going to comment on that. (in regards to getting thrown out)"
"We're not scoring enough runs and giving up a few too many, is the bottom line."

rando14

"We gotta hit."
"We're not scoring enough runs and giving up a few too many, is the bottom line."

Changeball?

"We gotta hit."

changeball?
hitting? what is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom