• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brandon Phillips was full of shit like expected?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/09/11/phillips-hughes-speak-resolve-things/

“We reached out, and me and Mr. Hughes had a great conversation before I came to the stadium today. It was the best thing that ever happened, just talking to him about what happened, talking to him about things that I heard and stuff.

“It was great to hear what he had to say and him to hear what I had to say. It made us both feel better about the situation. I respect him as a player and a man from the conversation we had.

“It was just a big misunderstanding. When you say certain things in the heat of the moment, you really don’t mean it. You forgive people. He forgave me. I forgive him. It’s the baseball family. I love him as a brother.”

Hughes told Pittsburgh writers similar things:

“I’ve got a ton of respect for Brandon Phillips as a man and a ballplayer. We talked and told each other how much we respect each other as men. He’s a great guy. He’s super nice.”

It’s believed Hughes used the term “boy.”

It's possible Hughes, like me, didn't realize 'boy' was a racially charged term in the South, and I imagine he didn't mean it the way Phillips took it. A little google research shows me that saying 'boy' to a black man in the South is apparently a huge and often deliberate insult.

I'm glad these men solved the problem by talking about it rather than acting like thugs and starting a fight over it.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012/09/11/phillips-hughes-speak-resolve-things/

It's possible Hughes, like me, didn't realize 'boy' was a racially charged term in the South, and I imagine he didn't mean it the way Phillips took it. A little google research shows me that saying 'boy' to a black man in the South is apparently a huge and often deliberate insult.

I'm glad these men solved the problem by talking about it rather than acting like thugs and starting a fight over it.

Going to laugh when Hurdle still orders someone to blast Phillips in the back.

Roger Clemens has now flipped his stance from "I'm not pitching this year" to "I'll pitch against a contender".

"I can tell you right now -- and they would know, too -- that if I was going to go do it, I am going to pitch against a contender, that's who I want to knock out," Clemens said. "Why would I want to waste my time running around and getting in shape. I get over to Minute Maid [Park], I'll crank it up and get it over 90 for a contender. We'll knock them right out of the playoffs. That would be the fun. Pitching against somebody that's not in contention wouldn't be any fun for me."

Looking at the Astros remaining schedule, they have 9 games left this season against teams over .500. They have three games at the Cardinals (9/18-9/20), three against the Pirates at home (9/21-9/23), and three more at home against the Cardinals (9/24-9/26). They also have four games at home against the Phillies (9/13-9/16) and three at the Brewers (9/28-9/30). Doesn't sound like Rocket wants to travel though.

dmag1223

Even if Hughes didn't mean anything by that "boy" comment, this is the second time he's made himself look like an assclown against the Reds this year. Dude needs to get a hold of his emotions.

harSon

Banned
fuck it whatever. fuck this season

Yeah, I'm pretty much over it.

I'm fairly hopeful for next season if our owners aren't tight with their wallets, considering we have some decent starting pitching on the way in Cole and possibly Taillon. We've already got some decent young talent that should blossom with another year in the majors.

I love how Michael Kay and Al Leiter can't stop talking about how bad the Red Sox are this year. I wouldn't be shocked if they were jerking each other off while they talk about it too based on how giddy they sound.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
down 1 run?

gz3SJ.jpg

harSon

Banned
Kind of sucks that Phillips lies, bitches and moans, and then is rewarded with a good game instead of karma taking its proper place and make him suck for the rest of his career.

Jangocube

Banned
Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeat now Hammell is out again.

I'm very proud of my O's, but seriously, look at our lineup and starting rotation. How the fuck did we get here?

Oh well, I hope the magic lasts!

Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeat now Hammell is out again.

I'm very proud of my O's, but seriously, look at our lineup and starting rotation. How the fuck did we get here?

Oh well, I hope the magic lasts!

Man, i look at that starting and just marvel at how good u guys have been. U guys do need a top of the rotation guy.

Jangocube

Banned
Man, i look at that starting and just marvel at how good u guys have been. U guys do need a top of the rotation guy.

It really has been quite amazing how great some of these guys have been. I think us lacking an ace could crush us if we have to do the one game playoff thing. I mean, it would have been Hammel, but now Chen I guess? He's been great, not anything close to a David Price/Weaver type pitcher though.

Guess we'll see. Next week and a half are going to be very interesting.

Kind of sucks that Phillips lies, bitches and moans, and then is rewarded with a good game instead of karma taking its proper place and make him suck for the rest of his career.

What did he lie about? We don't even know what happened.

The Pirates are karma for the Steelers... naw, that's not true, because if it was, Cleveland is going to skullfuck the sports world one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom