• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Brewers luck. Replays showed Aramis Ramirez was out at first on the ground ball Simmons bobbled. Segura's ground ball would have ended the inning with no runs scored.

harSon

Banned
Guy's only batting .201 vs. righties and they had a chance to get a rally going with one on and nobody out. The dumb decision would have been to leave him in because "he's 2 for 2 tonight! This guy's HOT!"

Even bad players have good nights, and you'd have a point if Jeff Clement, who flat out sucks, didn't pinch hit alongside Snider, whose been mediocre since getting injured and struggled against RHP as much as Barmes does.

Even bad players have good nights, and you'd have a point if Jeff Clement, who flat out sucks, pinch hit alongside Snider, whose been mediocre since being injured and struggled against RHP has much as Barmes does.

It feels like no matter what managerial decisions are made, they'll shit the bed regardless. Bruuuutal month.

Toth

So again:

Team can't build any momentum.

Team still has no shut down ace.

P.S Robertson, don't curse into your mitt like a little bitch. You pitched like crap and you failed your team yet again.

Aramis just launched a 445 foot homer off Miguel Batista.

So unless the universe implodes, the Brewers and Phillies are going to be back at .500 very shortly. If the Cardinals lose, they're only 4.0 out.

zulux21

Fister is out, time to mount a combat... a lead off single is a good start to that.
edit: yes a second single.... keep it up and lets at least tie this inning, taking the lead would be great though
edit: another single and a run, tying run on base COME ON SOX!!!!! I should note I have no clue why Fister came out he was only at 99 pitches and was dominating the white sox.

zulux21

bleh... youk swings at one 10 feet outside, wise just watches one right there and then konerko grounds out weakly... at least we got one... now to just hold them and get the win off valverde.

zulux21

damn it if rios wasn't running that would have been an easy single ><:
edit: oh well just gotta take one of the next 2... didn't figure the white sox would sweep anyways.

Espn has Washington's Playoff Odds at 100%. Did they clinch a spot or already?!

ESPN uses Coolstandings.com for its playoff odds. Each day they run a simulation for the rest of the season one million times.

"Basically we simulate the rest of the season millions of times, based on every team's performance to date and its remaining schedule. We then look at how many "seasons" a team won its division or won the wildcard, and voila - we have our numbers."

I would assume that 100% means they made the playoffs each of the one million times the simulation was last run. But then in their FAQ it also says this.

"POFF is calculated by summing DIV and WC, but each statistic is independently rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent, so DIV + WC may be off from POFF after rounding. Likewise, the sum of all DIV in a division may not exactly equal 100% because of rounding."

So with the rounding I'm not sure what to think. Maybe someone smarter than me knows.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Wainwright getting smashed again.

Brewers and Phillies going to be only 4.0 back after tonight if Cards lose. Holy FUCK.
I forgot how shitty the 2nd wild card team would be, so I guess its possible for them. although I don't think likely at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom