• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Smoak intentionally walked by a RHP to get to another lefty hitter (Thames) who has already hit one homer today. :lol

Edit: Good decision, I guess... :(

Sanjuro

Woah, there is a movie called "Knuckleball" that comes out this September. Featuring Wake and Dickey.

Never heard of it.

EDIT: Shit, it's already out on demand and some theaters.
EDIT2: Forgot September is almost done!

jman2050

I'm certainly entertained.

I don't even know man. The Yankees have had a good September so far (13-8) but the Orioles have matched. If we end the season strong and they catch up anyway, whatever, just gotta tip my hat.

Yankees just need to win their own games and let Baltimore worry about themselves.

"J Carroll grounded into fielder's choice double play, third to catcher to right to pitcher to third, P Florimon scored, M Carson out at home, B Revere out at home, J Carroll to first."

Nucking futs.

Branduil

"J Carroll grounded into fielder's choice double play, third to catcher to right to pitcher to third, P Florimon scored, M Carson out at home, B Revere out at home, J Carroll to first."

Nucking futs.

I'm going to need to see this because I have no idea what happened based on that summary. Did the catcher commit an error and throw the ball into right?

I'm going to need to see this because I have no idea what happened based on that summary. Did the catcher commit an error and throw the ball into right?

No clue, but one runner scored and two others were out attempting to score while the batter-runner never advanced past first. Unreal. Waiting for MLB to put up a vid.

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 23

IF THE SEASON ENDED TODAY:

CURRENT PLAYOFF TEAMS

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
tex.png
nyy.png
cws.png
bal.png
oak.png

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
was.png
cin.png
sf.png
atl.png
stl.png

American League

EAST
LEADER:
nyy.png

MAGIC NUMBER: 10
Code:
             W         L         GB
Yankees      88        64        ---
Orioles      87        65        1.0
Rays         83        70        5.5

CENTRAL
LEADER:
cws.png

MAGIC NUMBER: 10
Code:
             W         L         GB
White Sox    81        71        ---
Tigers       80        72        1.0

WEST
LEADER:
tex.png

MAGIC NUMBER: 7
Code:
             W         L         GB
Rangers      90        62        ---
Athletics    86        66        4.0
Angels       84        69        6.5

WILD CARD
LEADERS:
bal.png
oak.png

#1 MAGIC NUMBER: 7
#2 MAGIC NUMBER: 8
Code:
             W         L         GB
Orioles      87        65       +1.0
Athletics    86        66        ---
Angels       84        69        2.5
Rays         83        70        3.5
Tigers       80        72        6.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Rangers - 10 (4 v OAK, 3 v LAA, 3 @ OAK)

Yankees - 10 (3 @ MIN, 4 @ TOR, 3 v BOS)

White Sox - 10 (3 v CLE, 4 v TB, 3 @ CLE)

Athletics - 10 (4 @ TEX, 3 v SEA, 3 v TEX)

Orioles - 10 (4 v TOR, OFF, 3 v BOS, 3 @ TB)

Angels - 9 (OFF, 3 v SEA, 3 @ TEX, 3 @ SEA)

Rays - 9 (OFF, 2 @ BOS, 4 @ CWS, 3 v BOS)

Tigers - 10 (4 v KC, 3 @ MIN, 3 @ KC)

National League

EAST
LEADER:
was.png

MAGIC NUMBER: 6
Code:
             W         L         GB
Nationals    92        60        ---
Braves       88        65        4.5

NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
cin.png

NL WEST CHAMPIONS
sf.png

WILD CARD
LEADERS:
atl.png
stl.png

#1 MAGIC NUMBER: 2
#2 MAGIC NUMBER: 8
Code:
             W         L         GB
Braves       88        65       +6.5
Cardinals    82        71        ---
Brewers      79        73        2.5
Dodgers      79        74        3.0
Diamondbacks 77        75        4.5
Phillies     77        76        5.0

REMAINING GAMES (bold = .500):
Nationals - 10 (1 v MIL, 3 @ PHI, 3 @ STL, 3 v PHI)

Reds - 9 (OFF, 3 v MIL, 3 @ PIT, 3 @ STL)

Giants - 9 (OFF, 3 v ARI, 3 @ SD, 3 @ LAD)

Braves - 9 (OFF, 3 v MIA, 3 v NYM, 3 @ PIT)

Cardinals - 9 (3 @ HOU, OFF, 3 v WAS, 3 v CIN)

Brewers - 10 (1 @ WAS, 3 @ CIN, 3 v HOU, 3 v SD)

Dodgers - 9 (OFF, 3 @ SD, 3 v COL, 3 v SF)

Phillies - 9 (OFF, 3 v WAS, 3 @ MIA, 3 @ WAS)

Diamondbacks - 10 (1 @ COL, 3 @ SF, 3 v CHC, 3 v COL)

zulux21

the AL Central is a fucking joke.
that it is... there won't be a winner but a team that sucks slightly less at this point lol I'm just hoping for the 2012 white sox to end up like the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals... a team that really shouldn't be in the playoffs but wins it all anyways lol.

Why do you think the CY Young award keeps coming out of that lame ass division?

Pitching against trash.

To be fair the hitting in the AL Central isn't that bad (in fact overall it seems to be a little above average) it's that the pitching is horrible. The CY Young keeps coming out of the AL Central because they keep having great pitchers come out of it that's all there really is to it. It's not like Sabathia, Lee, Santana and Greinke all turned into garbage as soon as they left the AL central. Sabathia has arguably done better outside of the AL Central, Lee hasn't matched his CY Young year but last year wasn't far off and the other years weren't bad. Santana was great for the Mets until he got hurt. and you really can't call what Greinke has done as bad since he left the AL central.

Also despite the fact that Verlander has never pitched for anyone from the tigers I would be hard pressed to say that the only reason he won the cy young is because he pitched against trash, I would instead argue that he just happens to be in the AL Central and is a great pitcher lol.

zulux21

Tigers' inconsistency is a head scratcher. They're defense sucks.

when watching the tigers game earlier today they put up a info thing that said that cabrera has accounted for 34% of the runs the tigers have scored in the last 25 games or so of those games he scored 0 rbis 11 times, and of those games the tigers went 2-9. miggy scored 1 rbi 8 times and in those games they went 6-2 he scored 2 runs or more 6 times and the tigers went 4-2 so overall they are 10-4 when miggy scores (these are before the double header today include that and it's 10-6 as miggy scored one rbi in each game and they lost both)

so if you want to count today's games, the tigers are 2-9 when miggy doesn't score and 10-6 when he scores at least one run in their last 27 games, the inconsistency would point towards basically if miggy is driving in runs or not.

Sounds like to me that everybody else but Miggy and Prince aren't stepping up when they're not. They're pitching hasn't been stellar including their bullpen.

Congrats RBH on winning the GAF league yesterday. I was really happy to make the championship game, especially with all the injuries my team had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom