• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

guess I missed all of that stuff. i'll have to look for it the next time I am there.

The Expos names can be seen on TV sometimes. They are listed in between the first and second level behind homeplate. Alot of history and stuff is listed in the walkways behind homeplate too. They accept they franchise and all. MASN even includes stats for the franchise when they put up those random numbers like "Most RBIs in August when a Lefty pitched 2 innings with his eyes closed."

I know a lot has been discussed about using your best pitcher in the Wild Card game, but think of it like this: At this point, you're going to use your ace in Game 3 against the other team's #3 starter. If you split 1-1 in the first two games, the WC team has a great shot of winning Game 3. Obviously the disadvantage is that you only get to use your ace once in the series, but you take what you can get.
Didn't realize there was an off day between Game 1 and the play-in game. Thought they're were going to really make the WCs suffer with the traveling.

Didn't realize there was an off day between Game 1 and the play-in game. Thought they're were going to really make the WCs suffer with the traveling.

Nope. Just the teams that played hard all year and earned home field advantage will be the ones suffering. Great work, Selig. This play-in game better be damn good tv.

Tobor

bring back Vlad and Vidro.

I hate how the nationals have ignored the Expos though. They could at least acknowledge them.

No way. Stats and former players should stay with the old city when a team moves.

They should erase any trace of the expos from Nationals Park, and let Montreal build a museum if they want.

Feels good

Bromance.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
oh wow, Michael young is still starting for the rangers.

edit: lol and of course he hits a HR

Windu

Chipper Jones is now the all-time Atlanta Braves home run leader.
they braves always talk about Atlanta leader etc. (probably because there is no use talking about some of the braves leading stats because of what Matthews and Aaron did.). but then of course they have overall brave leaders.

Fenix

Hank did finish his career in Milwaukee. :p

I just don't want expo throwback jersey days ever. And no Andre Dawson statue at Nats Park. Sweep it under the rug.
Why not? Expos jerseys/hats are among the best. Certainly better than Walgreens.

Tobor

Why not? Expos jerseys/hats are among the best. Certainly better than Walgreens.

The curly W has history in DC, the Expos logo doesn't. Simple as that.

I know you're just having fun with me, but my Grandfather was a Senators fan, and my Dad's first job as a teenager was assembling popcorn megaphones for Senator games. I waited a long time to get the team back, and I'm not interested in celebrating another city's legacy.

zulux21

hmmmm it's to late to sell high on adam dunn, rios, peavy, and AJ isn't it...
darn...
oh well there is always 2015 or so after KC has to let go of their players that lets them win the 2014 world series :p

kidding aside I really hope the new GM of the white sox really shakes things up. This team really needs a shake up as it is just way to streaky.

Anyways Go O's, A's Tigers and Nat's hope one of you 4 are the world series champs... honestly don't care to much beyond it being one of those 4 teams lol.

Gannd

Banned
I'm hoping that Oakland can eat into the Ranger's bullpen enough to get us through with the sweep. Such an exciting time to be a ball fan.

Windu

why is that teams wait till the pitcher has the ball again and is on the mound to make a appeal on whether someone touched a bag? Wouldnt it just be easier to throw over to the bag once the play has stopped?

Gannd

Banned
why is that teams wait till the pitcher has the ball again and is on the mound to make a appeal on whether someone touched a bag? Wouldnt it just be easier to throw over to the bag once the play has stopped?

Because the Rangers get off on being obnoxious.

Because the Rangers get off on being obnoxious.

You can't make an appeal unless the ball is live again. The pitcher has to be on the mound and the batter has to be in the box to make an appeal.

newjeruse

The ball has to be live. An appeal usually comes from the dugout, which doesn't happen until after the play. It's hard for players to concentrate on if a runner left a split second early while a ball is in play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom