• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch and Harold are swearing up and down that Strasburg is pitching in the playoffs.

Also, they said there's "no doubt" Cabrera is the AL MVP. :)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Felix gave up 7 runs....also batting title could still be up in the air. Trout has gone 4-4. .325. Cabrera at .329.

zulux21

Felix gave up 7 runs....also batting title could still be up in the air. Trout has gone 4-4. .325. Cabrera at .329.

no more then it was up in the air going into today as miggy went 4-5 :p it will come down to the last 2 days though. The big question for miggy being that given that the angels game starts 90 min before the tigers game if it turns out that trout isn't in front of you when your game starts do you just sit out until you have to bat to beat him and if you don't have to bat to beat him do you just sit out period to ensure you get the triple crown? Beyond that though he could still lose it to home runs if someone(hamilton, encarnacion, dunn, granderson) goes on a tear.

Windu

no more then it was up in the air going into today as miggy went 4-5 :p it will come down to the last 2 days though. The big question for miggy being that given that the angels game starts 90 min before the tigers game if it turns out that trout isn't in front of you when your game starts do you just sit out until you have to bat to beat him and if you don't have to bat to beat him do you just sit out period to ensure you get the triple crown? Beyond that though he could still lose it to home runs if someone goes on a tear.
i'm sure cabrera will sit out one of these games. He has played more games than trout anyway so its not like it wouldn't be fair.

zulux21

i'm sure cabrera will sit out one of these games. He has played more games than trout anyway so its not like it wouldn't be fair.

doing some quick math if miggy sits out the next two games...
if trout gets 10 more at bats he needs 8 hits
14 more at bats he needs 10 hits to surpass miggy

McNei1y

lol Bryce is giving all the right answers "I love this town, I love these people, I love the fans...etc" but I'm sure he's out of here when his contract is up. I'll enjoy it in the meantime!

Also, I watched the O's and Nats games side by side at home. I need to do that more. I wish my PIP worked. I had to bring my cable box up from the basement and it was a damn hassle but it still worked. Unfortunate about the O's. I want to see them get 3 games at least also.

Windu

lol Bryce is giving all the right answers "I love this town, I love these people, I love the fans...etc" but I'm sure he's out of here when his contract is up. I'll enjoy it in the meantime!
eh, washington is a pretty big market. They will be able to afford him if they want him.

Edit: dodgers about to win.

McNei1y

eh, washington is a pretty big market. They will be able to afford him if they want him.

The owners definitely have the money. That's always been the biggest topic these 7-8 years. I mean they have been spending money recently with all of the extensions and the Werth signing and such... but we'll see. Bryce may not even want to stay here since he could possibly turn down an offer or something. But still, that's 5-6 years from now! I just hope we keep at least one of Stras/Harp (I hope both).

zulux21

actually the numbers I used for trout were slightly out of date so he would need 6 hits in his next 10 at bats :p (forgot to add the 4-4 he went)

to expand on this though if miggy gets 10 more at bats and gets 0 hits he will be at a
.32536 batting average
Trout with his ground out is at a .32486 average meaning if he gets 10 more at bats he would need to go 4-10 to beat out miggy (if miggy went 0-10).

McNei1y

actually the numbers I used for trout were slightly out of date so he would need 6 hits in his next 10 at bats :p (forgot to add the 4-4 he went)

to expand on this though if miggy gets 10 more at bats and gets 0 hits he will be at a
.32536 batting average
Trout with his ground out is at a .32486 average meaning if he gets 10 more at bats he would need to go 4-10 to beat out miggy (if miggy went 0-10).

Damn.

xbhaskarx

Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight
Mike Trout this year: .321/.395/.557. Joe DiMaggio, career: .325/.398/.579. Mike Trout steals this year: 48. DiMaggio, career: 30.

zulux21

Game 1: A's clinch a playoff birth- FACT
Game 2: A's tie the rangers??????
Game 3: A's Clinch the AL West??????

random note: Rangers had a 9 game lead over the A's at the all star break. The A's were 43-43 at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom