• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakland has clinched a playoff spot. Angels and Rays are now eliminated from postseason contention. All five AL playoff teams have now been set.

Branduil

Rangers have lost so many winnable games in the last two weeks. They deserve to lose the division really, especially with choking babies like Josh Hamilton on the team.

xbhaskarx

Playoffs for the 6th time in 13 years.

Astros level until June 1, 70 wins since June 1, the most in baseball. Fifteen rookies, five in the rotation.

I have been to every A's home playoff game since 2002 and I'll be there again this year.

zulux21

Rangers have lost so many winnable games in the last two weeks. They deserve to lose the division really, especially with choking babies like Josh Hamilton on the team.

Rangers only needed to win one of the 3 games to clinch the division... it's not like they are in a tight spot yet... if they lose again tomorrow though....

Why the fuck was Oswalt not starting? Wash sucks.

But it is incredible knowing that CJ pitched in the game today and the Angels were eliminated. Perfect.

STANDINGS UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 1

CURRENT PLAYOFF TEAMS

AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
tex.png
nyy.png
det.png
bal.png
oak.png

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFF TEAMS
was.png
cin.png
sf.png
atl.png

American League

EAST
LEADER: Yankees
MAGIC NUMBER: 2
Code:
             W         L         GB
Yankees      93        67        ---
Orioles      92        68        1.0

AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
det.png

WEST
LEADER: Rangers
MAGIC NUMBER: 2
Code:
             W         L         GB
Rangers      93        67        ---
Athletics    92        68        1.0

WILD CARD
LEADERS: Athletics/Orioles
Code:
             W         L         GB
Athletics    92        68        ---
Orioles      92        68        ---

National League

NL EAST CHAMPIONS
was.png

NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS
cin.png

NL WEST CHAMPIONS
sf.png

NL WILD CARD CHAMPIONS
atl.png

#2 LEADERS: Cardinals
MAGIC NUMBER: 1
Code:
             W         L         GB
Cardinals    87        73        ---
Dodgers      85        75        2.0

Branduil

Rangers only needed to win one of the 3 games to clinch the division... it's not like they are in a tight spot yet... if they lose again tomorrow though....

They shouldn't be in any spot at all. If Washington doesn't decide to tank one the games last week with Mark Lowe the Rangers could have already clinched.

Branduil

I see nobody bothered to look at the pitching match up today, or the pitching match up tomorrow....

I expected them to lose tonight, but this was actually a really winnable game. Too bad Kinsler and Hamilton are too busy trying to one-up each other in awful at-bats.

Enron

Banned
Seriously, fuck this team. Complete choke job coming down the stretch. Zero heart. Its like watching the goddamned Mets with T's on their hats. I can not adequately express how enraged I am.

Thaedolus

Astros level until June 1, 70 wins since June 1, the most in baseball. Fifteen rookies, five in the rotation.

I have been to every A's home playoff game since 2002 and I'll be there again this year.

FUUUUUUCK I wish I could be there with you. Maybe an LCS game, definitely WS if it goes that far.

zulux21

The champagne is fucking stupid for this new wild card system.

a little... also I know i have said that to me if you don't win the wild card elimination game it means you didn't actually make the playoffs... how do others feel. Have the braves indeed clinched a playoff birth, or have they merely cliched that they will be the home team at the wild card elimination game and if the cards/dodgers beat them then they in fact missed the playoffs this year??

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
a little... also I know i have said that to me if you don't win the wild card elimination game it means you didn't actually make the playoffs... how do others feel. Have the braves indeed clinched a playoff birth, or have they merely cliched that they will be the home team at the wild card elimination game and if the cards/dodgers beat them then they in fact missed the playoffs this year??
yeah i'd call it a play in-game. The real playoffs start with the division series. But i'll celebrate either way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

If you're not playing in the ALDS/NLDS then you havent made the playoffs. The winners are playing the play in game to get into the playoffs. Its pretty simple.

Sanjuro

It's goofy. Come back the next couple days and take the fucking division.

Congrats to all of Oakland-Age. *checks list* All one of you.

The last postseason home game I went to was the last one they've had.

I'm ready to go again. It's been a long time.

Branduil

Seriously, fuck this team. Complete choke job coming down the stretch. Zero heart. Its like watching the goddamned Mets with T's on their hats. I can not adequately express how enraged I am.

There's a distinct lack of urgency in this team's play for the last month, and it starts with the lackadaisical and entitled mentality of Hamilton. At least Beltre always tries.

xbhaskarx

On a night Mike Trout went 4 for 5 with a double and triple...

‏@molly_knight
Angels eliminated. Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera on winning the AL MVP award.
Retweeted by keithlaw

lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

‏@molly_knight
Angels eliminated. Congratulations to Miguel Cabrera on winning the AL MVP award.
Retweeted by keithlaw

lol
yeah when watching the rangers game they mentioned trout when they showed the highlights and they talked about how he could finish in the top 3 in the mvp. I don't think he has a chance in hell to win it, even if Cabrera misses out on the Triple Crown the writers seemed to have already made up their mind. sigh

zulux21

‏@molly_knight
Retweeted by keithlaw

lol

if cabrera wins the triple crown there is a 99.9% chance that that tweet is completely true.
and given everything there is a very high chance that caberra wins the triple crown. I posted earlier what trout would need to do to pass cabrera in average (very low chance) and with the home run today hamilton would need to hit 2 home runs to stop home run crown from cabrera (that's assuming miggy doesn't hit another one) and I think it's like 10 rbis needed to pass cabera on the rbi chart (also very low chance) so odds are Cabrera is your MVP.

I also wouldn't be surprised if verlander ended up with the Cy Young.

zulux21

who gets in if the cards/dodgers tie? do they play a tie-breaker game?

yup and then they would play the wild card game the next day and the playoffs after that if they kept winning lol

same deal for the yankees o's if they tie. they would play a tie breaker game, and then the loser would play the wild card game and then start the playoffs the next day lol

rekameohs

Banned
yup and then they would play the wild card game the next day and the playoffs after that if they kept winning lol

same deal for the yankees o's if they tie. they would play a tie breaker game, and then the loser would play the wild card game and then start the playoffs the next day lol

What if Yankees, O's, and one of A's/Rangers all tie? That's still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom