• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the first division title for the Expos?

The Expos last went to the playoffs in 1981, but it was a weird season where there was a player strike in the middle of it. They split the season in half and reset the divisions when the strike stopped. The Phillies won the first half and the Expos won the second half. The Phillies beat the Expos in the temporary division series.

Mitch Williams just asked Stephen Strasburg if there's any kind of "covert operations" going on to allow him to pitch in the playoffs.

His response was: "I'll just say this. I've been playing catch." After that he started smiling and Mitch and Harold Reynolds went crazy.

Mitch Williams just asked Stephen Strasburg if there's any kind of "covert operations" going on to allow him to pitch in the playoffs.

His response was: "I'll just say this. I've been playing catch." After that he started smiling and Mitch and Harold Reynolds went crazy.

So no.

Also, if the Reds win, I'm going to break something. DO NOT FUCKING WIN.

You're okay with giving WAS HFA in a potential NLCS matchup just so the Reds start the NLDS at home?

Why the fuck is Beltran trying to steal 3rd with the heart of the lineup batting?

Yes, because I think the team that wins the best overall record will not make it to the NLCS. Shit, I just don't think it, I know it. The WC team will have all the momentum, the energy, and the home stadium. It just seems obvious to me.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Perez is not ready for big league play. Don't know why is he starting. At least the damage was minimized to 2.....jesus.

Yes, because I think the team that wins the best overall record will not make it to the NLCS. Shit, I just don't think it, I know it.
The 2-3 format puts the WC team in a potentially piss-poor situation if the #1 seed can win either game 1 or 2. Which in theory, is very possible since you have their #1 and #2 pitchers facing the WC team's #2 and #3 pitchers.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
they should let the team with the best record that plays the wild card team have all 5 games at home.

Branduil

Rangers just have the worst 5th starting pitcher in the league, it doesn't matter which of Perez/Feldman/Oswalt it is. How many games has the fifth guy in their rotation won since the Colby Lewis/Neftali Feliz injuries?

Did I hear this correctly on TV?

The Giants as a 3-seed are getting the first two games of the NLDS at home? So, the 2nd seed is fucked, too?

Windu

Did I hear this correctly on TV?

The Giants as a 3-seed are getting the first two games of the NLDS at home? So, the 2nd seed is fucked, too?
yeah I think its the same for both. I have no idea why they couldn't change it though. I don't think it would affect TV or anything. Must be some union thing.

Windu

For the 2012 Postseason only, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change, which eliminates a travel day prior to a decisive Game Five of the Division Series, was necessary because the 2012 regular season schedule was established before the agreement on the new Postseason format was reached. Next year, the Division Series will return to the 2-2-1 format used in previous years.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=36405618&vkey=pr_mlb&ymd=20120809

McNei1y

bring back Vlad and Vidro.

I hate how the nationals have ignored the Expos though. They could at least acknowledge them.

They do. They have all these awards, retired names/numbers, and other things around the park... but this isn't the expos. This is the nats. The expo-nats went .500. The Nats were the team that struggled and were godawful for about 5 years.

I know a lot has been discussed about using your best pitcher in the Wild Card game, but think of it like this: At this point, you're going to use your ace in Game 3 against the other team's #3 starter. If you split 1-1 in the first two games, the WC team has a great shot of winning Game 3. Obviously the disadvantage is that you only get to use your ace once in the series, but you take what you can get.

Windu

They do. They have all these awards, retired names/numbers, and other things around the park... but this isn't the expos. This is the nats. The expo-nats went .500. The Nats were the team that struggled and were godawful for about 5 years.
guess I missed all of that stuff. i'll have to look for it the next time I am there.
I'd bet good money on the Cardinals-Nats. GOOD money.
booo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom