• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
5CVvJ.jpg

Jangocube

Banned
Error-fest in Baltimore.

Yeah, this lineup that we got going on today is, um, interesting. Damn extra inning games crushed our bullpen so we had to bring up extra arms to help this week, so now our bench hitting is wtfwhoisthisguy utility-types.

Oh well, least we won one in the series.

Branduil

Yeah, this lineup that we got going on today is, um, interesting. Damn extra inning games crushed our bullpen so we had to bring up extra arms to help this week, so now our bench hitting is wtfwhoisthisguy utility-types.

Oh well, least we won one in the series.

At least you have an excuse. The Rangers had three errors in one inning and they were all our big-money guys.

damn , Colby Lewis first pitcher to give up 5 hrs and strikeout atleast ten in the same game since 1918 and the Os first team to hit a homer in first three atbats. Historic game,eh?

Jangocube

Banned
Yes! Pinch hit with a guy batting under .100!

Fun series Texas, lots and lots of homeruns. Hopefully next time we aren't rolling out half a AAA team against ya.

Branduil

Series win yay.

Wow tomorrow's game is going to be crazy.

damn , Colby Lewis first pitcher to give up 5 hrs and strikeout atleast ten in the same game since 1918 and the Os first team to hit a homer in first three atbats. Historic game,eh?

Rangers and Orioles just can't stop having historic games.

MetsBlog.com said:
Tonight in Viera, Florida, Chris Young allowed no runs on five hits with two walks and four strikeouts in five innings for Single-A St. Lucie.

Young, 32, made four starts for the Mets in 2011. He went 1-0 with a 1.88 ERA in 24 innings before undergoing season ending surgery to repair a torn capsule in his right shoulder. He signed a minor league deal with the Mets in March.

In addition, Ronny Cedeno played shortstop in tonight’s game for St. Lucie and went 0-for-4. Earlier this week, Terry Collins said he expects Cedeno to rejoin the Mets in Miami this weekend.

Cedeno has been on the disabled list since April 21 with a strained intercostal muscle.
Young is expected to make 4-5 rehab starts to build arm strength. If a month from now he can come up and be anywhere close to the pitcher he was last year... sheesh.

Young is expected to make 4-5 rehab starts to build arm strength. If a month from now he can come up and be anywhere close to the pitcher he was last year... sheesh.

N Jenrry Mejia will be reevaluted in 4 starts too. I guees if Youngs ready, Mejia stays in the minors or come out from the bullpen.

hemtae

So I come back after I finish finals to find out that Carl Beane is dead, there's something going on about Beckett and golfing, the Red Sox won one in their last nine, and Baltimore and Nationals are still in first.

It seems like I missed some pretty depressing/exciting times. wtf baseball

verbum

St. Louis is scary good and Berkman is reactivated tonight.

Simply put, St. Louis has been the best offensive team in the National League so far and it hasn't been close. The Cardinals rank first in batting average (.287), on-base average (.357), slugging (.467), wOBA (.362), and wRC+ (132). It's been an absolutely ridiculous start for the Cardinals offensively.

The Braves will have it tough, but I'm thinking 2 of 3 with St. Louis perhaps winning Sunday.

eznark

Banned
I cannot believe Eveland is still in the league. God damn when he was given his shot in 06 it was probably the ugliest handful of starts I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom