• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

Byrdak may be spent, he's pitched a lotta innings the last few days.

EDIT: now Gary Cohen is saying R.A. might've tweaked something and TC is taking him out as a precaution.

All thanks to us coming into this series(which was a battle for first place mind you) shorthanded. Why wasn't Rauch put on the DL immediately? Why was Bay activated if they knew he was sick? Even with all of that, with the Mets leading this game and the hilariously bad blown game to begin the series, they've kept up with the Nats all series. Let's hope they finish this one out and bounce back against the Janks.

Man, Vargas is posting again.
Link is back.
Cajolejuice is back after his hiatus.
All Mets-GAF needs is Kuryome and Mifune back posting and it'll be like the old days.

Prade

that pitch wasn't bad, I mean it was down and Zim got it.

I don't know what it is with him. Even on decent pitches, hitters get around to it and nail him hard. Oh well, Mets salvage the series and we've got Nohan going tomorrow.

I really hope he shows up too. Ever since the no-no every yankee fan and their mother have been talking shit about the "fair" ball. Would be sweet justice if he can shut em up :).

Murphy fields the Desmond grounder, throws to first and the ballgame is over!

7.1 shutout innings by R.A. Dickey, 9-1 with a 2.44 ERA. 24.2 consecutive shutout innings, seven shy of Koosman's club record. Lucas Duda with a big fly in the game, and the Mets salvage the finale of the series.

ONWARD... TO DA BRONX

McNei1y

Man our offense needs to step it up. Our 5th starter gave up 3 er... while he had some luck thats still something you want.

Prade

Man our offense needs to step it up. Our 5th starter gave up 3 er... while he had some luck thats still something you want.

The score may not be indicative, but this game felt kind of lopsided considering how many baserunners we had compared to yall. Dickey just locked it down, man.

McNei1y

The score may not be indicative, but this game felt kind of lopsided considering how many baserunners we had compared to yall. Dickey just locked it down, man.

No doubt he did but this offense does this all the time. They'll be completely absent from the game. Also it couldve been more runs for you but wang got his sinker working at dangerous times.

Link

The Autumn Wind
No doubt he did but this offense does this all the time. They'll be completely absent from the game.
Believe me, we feel your pain all too well.

Also, someone please tell me Ronald Bellisario has some Quantum Leap related nickname.

Prade

No doubt he did but this offense does this all the time. They'll be completely absent from the game. Also it couldve been more runs for you but wang got his sinker working at dangerous times.

13 runs in total for the series. Not too shabby for a 3 game set. There's a reason Dickey has 9 wins with an era under 2.50, he's pretty good lol.

There are so many nickname opportunities for ballplayers out there. I cannot believe MLB is in the stone ages with advertising, have they not seen the NBA and NFL?

Remember when a good left-handed pitcher was called Lefty?

Lefty Hamels
Lefty Kershaw

verbum

Braves line-up tonight:

Michael Bourn CF
Martin Prado 3B
Brian McCann C
Dan Uggla 2B
Matt Diaz LF
Jason Heyward RF
Eric Hinske 1B
Andrelton Simmons SS
Mike Minor P

I think the blush is off the rose named Constanza. 0-for so far in the series.
It would be nice to win tonight and gain a half a game on the Mets. Plus sweeping the Marlins and keep that HR machine quiet.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It would be nice to win tonight and gain a half a game on the Mets. Plus sweeping the Marlins and keep that HR machine quiet.
I don't care which team wins. Either way, the Mets will be in third at 1.5 games back. It'll be nice to watch a division game knowing that it will be stress free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom